CS/CMST Coiled Straps
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Coiled Straps. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Bridging and Bracing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Joist Framing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
CMSTC provides nail slots for easy installation; it can be cut to length. CS are continuous utility straps which can be cut to length on the job site. Packaged in lightweight (about 40 pounds) cartons.
Gauge stamped on part for easy identification.
Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Wood shrinkage after strap installation across horizontal wood members may cause strap to buckle outward.
- Refer to the applicable code for minimum nail penetration and minimum wood edge and end distances.
- The table shows the maximum allowable loads and the nails required to obtain them. Fewer nails may be used; reduce the allowable load as shown in table notes.
- The cut length of the strap shall be equal to twice the "End Length" noted in the table plus the clear span dimension.
- CMST only – Use every other round hole if the wood tends to split. Use round and triangle holes for comparable MST loads, providing wood does not tend to split.
- For lap slice and alternate nailing information, refer to technical bulletin Coil Strap Alternative Nailing Schedule and Lap Splice Specifications (T-CMST).
- View step-by-step installation instructions in the Installer's Pocket Guide (S-C-INSTALL).
CS straps are available in 25' lengths, order CS14-R, CS16-R, CS18-R, CS20-R or CS22-R.
Cold-Formed Steel Construction
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Strong-Rod™ Systems for Multi-Storey Overturning RestraintC-L-SRSCAN16A Canadian Limit States Design Catalogue for Strong-Rod™ Anchor Tiedown System. Includes product information, design methods, and pre-engineered runs using shrinkage compensation and other components.Catalog
STRONG-ROD™ SYSTÈMES de retenue contre les renversements pour les bâtiments à plusieurs étagesC-L-SRSCAN16CFConception aux états limites canadiens pour le système d’arrimage Strong-Rod™. Informations sur produits, méthodes de conception, séries précalculées avec compensation du retrait et autres composants.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Flood-Resistant Construction Guide for Flood-Prone RegionsF-C-FLOODCON13This flier is designed to educate Specifiers, Building Officials, and Dealers about how to build code-compliant structures to resist the forces created by flooding and high wind.Flier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Coil Strap Alternative Nailing Schedule and Lap Splice SpecificationsT-CMST08The T-CMST08 is a two-page technical bulletin containing allowable loads and installation information for CMST Coil Straps.Technical Bulletin
Companion for the 2001 AF&PA Wood-Frame Construction Manual for Wind DesignT-01WFCM08The T-01WFCM08 is a 24-page technical bulletin designed to be used in conjunction with the 2001 edition of the Wood Frame Construction Manual.Technical Bulletin
Connection Solutions for Cantilevered FloorsT-C-CNTLVRDFL16A technical bulletin providing connection solutions to create a continuous load path within a cantilevered floor system. Offers options based on the floor systems being used.Technical Bulletin
Hollow Column Uplift ConnectionsT-COLUMN12This technical bulletin details post-installed anchorage and fastening of hollow columns as part of a continuous load path.Technical Bulletin
Panelized Roof SystemsT-C-PRS15Learn about the guidelines for designing and installing our connectors to meet the requirements of the 2009 IBC for structures using panelized wood roof systems with concrete or masonry walls.Technical Bulletin
Strengthening Dwellings in Tornado-Prone AreasT-C-TORNADO15Gain insight into how to strengthen structures to resist damage in tornado-prone areas using Simpson Strong-Tie connectors and continuous-load-path design principles.Technical Bulletin
Uplift Connectors Truss-to-Wall Tiedowns (Spruce-Pine-Fir)T-C-UPLIFTSPF16A one-page, double-sided technical bulletin providing allowable loads and fastening requirements for when a wood truss is supported by a Spruce-Pine-Fir or Hem Fir double top plate.Technical Bulletin
Show 13 MoreShow Less
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Fastener quantities and end lengths are calculated using an increase for wind or seismic loading.
- Use half of the required nails in each member being connected to achieve the listed loads.
- Calculate the connector value for a reduced number of nails as follows:
Example: CMSTC16 in DF/SP with 40 nails total. (Half of the nails in each member being connected)
- Tension loads apply for uplift when installed vertically.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long, 16d Sinker = 0.148" dia. x 3 1/4" long, 10d = 0.148" dia. x 3 " long. See other nail sizes and information.