LUC/LU/U/HU/HUC Standard Joist Hangers
LUCZ concealed flange hanger available for 2x6, 2x8, 2x10 and 2x12 lumber. Ideal for end of ledger/ header or post conditions, the LUCZ also provides cleaner lines for exposed conditions such as overhead decks.
See Hanger tables. See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
LU—Value engineered for strength and economy. Precision-formed—engineered for installation ease and design value.
U—The standard U hanger provides flexibility of joist to header installation. Versatile fastener selection with tested allowable loads
HU/HUC—Most models have triangle and round holes. To achieve maximum loads, fill both round and triangle holes with common nails. These heavy-duty connectors are designed for schools and other structures requiring additional strength, longevity and safety factors.
Galvanized. Some products available in stainless steel or ZMAX® coating. See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- HU/HUC—Can be installed filling round holes only, or filling round and triangle holes for maximum values.
- Joists sloped up to 1/4:12 achieve table loads.
- For masonry or concrete installations, see HU/HUC/HSUR/L.
- HU/HUC hangers can be welded to a steel member. Allowable loads are the lesser of the values in the Hanger tables or the weld capacity – refer to technical bulletin HU/HUC Welded onto Steel Members (T-HUHUC-W).
- View step-by-step installation instructions in the Installer's Pocket Guide (S-C-INSTALL).
- Some products may be installed with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See model table.
- HU is available with one flange concealed when the W dimension is less than 2 5/16" at 100% of the table load. Order HUC_X hanger.
- Sloped, Skewed and Sloped/Skewed
- For low-cost, code-listed 45° skews, see SUR/SUL and HSUR/HSUL. See also LSU/LSSU connectors.
- U/HU may be skewed to a maximum of 45° and sloped to a maximum of 45°. Hangers 5 1/2" or less in width may be skewed to 67 1/2°. Hangers skewed 51°- 67 1/2° require a square cut.
- For all options, uplift loads are 0.75 of table loads.
- For skewed hangers 3 9/16" and less in width, the allowable download is 100% of the table load. For skewed hangers over 3 9/16" in width the allowable download is 80% of the table load. For slope only, the allowable download is 100% of the table load.
- For combined slopes and skews, the maximum allowable download is 0.80 of the table load.
- For sloped and skewed hangers, the flange on the acute side flange can be concealed at 0.80 of the table load. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie for skew limitations.
- See Hanger Options for additional information.
- HU only—Rough beam sizes available by special order.
- See Face-Mount Hanger Tables for U hanger rough sizes.
- Also see LUS and HUS series.
- Model configurations may differ from those shown. Some HU models do not have triangle holes. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Cold-Formed Steel Connectors CatalogC-CFS-15Product information, specifications, load tables and installation illustrations for our cold-formed steel connectors and clips for commercial curtain-wall, mid-rise and residential construction.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
U/HU Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-U-HU-WS06This worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order U and HU multiple seat hangers.Worksheet
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
General Hanger Installer's GuideF-C-CANTRUHGR16A two-page General Hanger Installer’s Guide for Canadian Limit States providing instructions for the most common hangers.Flier
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
Critical Deck ConnectionsS-DECKCONTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections - CanadaS-DECKCONCTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections (French) / Assemblages essentiels d'une terrasse (en français)S-DECKCONCTP12FFlier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Hangers on Rim Boards HeadersT-C-RIMBDHGR16A one-page technical bulletin discussing condition when face-mount and top-flange hangers can be used with an engineered “rim board” wood product.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Hangers - Masonry/Concrete Wall ApplicationT-C-HUHUCTTN15Information on the installation instructions, proper fasteners and load information for non-modified HU and HUC hangers for masonry/concrete wall applications.Technical Bulletin
HU/HUC Welded Onto Steel MembersT-C-HUHUC-W16A two-page technical bulletin including updated load calculations for current steel specifications and AISI safety factors.Technical Bulletin
Panelized Roof SystemsT-C-PRS15Learn about the guidelines for designing and installing our connectors to meet the requirements of the 2009 IBC for structures using panelized wood roof systems with concrete or masonry walls.Technical Bulletin
Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped HangersT-C-SLOPEJST14A bulletin on the performance of non-sloped hangers used to support a sloped joist; includes reduction factors from previous versions plus B, ITS, HU and W series hangers.Technical Bulletin
Use of Power-Driven Nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® ConnectorsT-PNEUMATIC12This technical bulletin discusses the use of pneumatically driven nails with Simpson Strong-Tie® connectors. Includes a list of connectors that may be installed with pneumatic nails.Technical Bulletin
Face-Mount Hangers over Wood Structural PanelL-C-FCMNTSHTG15Face-mount Hangers Installed Over Wood Structural Panel Sheathing.Engineering Letter
Show 19 MoreShow Less
See Hanger Options for hanger modifications, which may result in reduced loads.
Load Values with Nails
See Hanger tables
|Model No.||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Uplift(160)||Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)||Uplift (160)||Floor (100)||Snow (115)||Roof (125)|