The S/HDU series of holdowns combines performance with ease of installation. The pre-deflected geometry virtually eliminates material stretch, resulting in low deflection under load. Installation using self-drilling tapping screws into the studs reduces installation time and saves labor cost.
118 mil (10 ga)
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Use standard #14 self-drilling screws to fasten to studs.
- Anchor bolt washer is not required.
- See SB, SSTB and PAB Anchor Bolts for cast-in-place anchorage options.
- See SET-XP® and AT-XP® adhesive products for anchor bolt retrofit options.
- The Designer shall specify the foundation anchor material type, embedment and configuration. Some of the tabulated holdown tension loads exceed the tension strength of typical ASTM A36 or A307 anchor bolts.
- Stud design by Specifier. Tabulated loads are based on a minimum stud thickness for fastener connection.
- 1/4-inch self-drilling screws may be substituted for #14 self-tapping screws.
- A heavy hex nut for the anchor bolt is required to achieve the table loads for S/HDU11.
- Deflection at ASD or LRFD includes fastener slip, holdown deformation and anchor rod elongation for holdowns installed up to 4" above top of concrete. Holdowns may be installed raised, up to 18" above top of concrete, with no load reduction provided that additional elongation of the anchor rod is accounted for.
- The Nominal Tension Load is based on the tested average ultimate (peak) load and is provided for design in accordance with section C5 of AISI S213 that requires a holdown to have a nominal strength to resist the lesser of the amplified seismic load or the maximum force the system can deliver.
- See more on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|S/HDU||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|