Support Technician – McKinney, TX
There is an opening for a Production Maintenance Department Support Technician position out of Branch 23, McKinney, Texas. This is a Monday – Friday day shift position.
Maintain, troubleshoot and repair metal stamping press lines and production support systems.
- Troubleshoot and repair of above equipment: electrical, electronic,hydraulic and mechanical. 45% (of normal work week)
- Perform Preventative Maintenance on stamping presses and supporting equipment. 35%
- Service and install electrical distribution systems. 5%
- Perform routine building service and maintenance. 5%
- Miscellaneous repairs and tasks as directed. 10%
- Proven background in industrial electricity, emphasizing PLC programming, equipment instrumentation, variable frequency drives, and equipment troubleshooting. Experience with robotics helpful.
- Two-year degree in technology-related field, or five years of demonstrable experience working in a related industrial field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills. Must be a team player and be able to interact effectively with other technicians, employees, and vendors.
- Basic computer knowledge in a Microsoft PC environment, including Word, Outlook, and Excel.
- Valid Drivers License and good driving record.
- Self Starter, motivated with ability to grow and train others.
- Be able to work at heights and close quarters, crawl under and over equipment, and lift up to 100 lbs on occasion.
- Must be able to successfully complete skills assessments administered on-site prior to being considered for an interview.
Relocation is not available for this position.
Person to contact:
To apply for this position, please mail, e-mail, or fax a job application (click to download) with a copy of your resume to Human Resources on or before April 12, 2012:
Mail: Simpson Strong-Tie, 2221 Country Lane, McKinney, TX 75069
Fax: (972) 542-5687
Job posted: 10/10/2011
All applicants are subject to a background investigation and drug screening.