This series of purlin hangers offer the greatest design flexibility and versatility.
Stirrup—97 mil (12 ga)
Simpson Strong‑Tie® gray paint. Some models available hot-dip galvanized; specify HDG; see Corrosion Information.
Hangers may be welded to steel headers with 1/8" for W and 3/16" for WP by 1 1/2" fillet welds located at each end of the top flange.
- W and H dimensions are modifiable.
Sloped And/Or Skewed Seat
- W/WP series may be skewed to a maximum of 84° and/or sloped to a maximum of 45°.
- For slope only, skew only, or slope and skew combinations, the allowable load is 100% of the table load.
- Specify the slope up or down in degrees from the horizontal plane and/or the skew right or left in degrees from the perpendicular vertical plane. Specify whether low side, high side or center of joist will be flush with the top of the header.
Wood Construction Connectors Catalog 2015-2016C-C-2015Complete product and application information as well as load tables and installation information for over 3,000 wood-to wood, wood-to concrete and wood-to-masonry connectors.Catalog
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
W Hanger Special Order WorksheetT-W-WS06This worksheet simplifies the ordering of special order W hangers.Worksheet
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Panelized Roof SystemsT-C-PRS15Learn about the guidelines for designing and installing our connectors to meet the requirements of the 2009 IBC for structures using panelized wood roof systems with concrete or masonry walls.Technical Bulletin
Sloped Joist in Non-Sloped HangersT-C-SLOPEJST14A bulletin on the performance of non-sloped hangers used to support a sloped joist; includes reduction factors from previous versions plus B, ITS, HU and W series hangers.Technical Bulletin
Top-Flange Hanger Reductions For Multiple-Ply HeadersT-C-MPLYHEADR16A one-page flier discussing reduction factors for top-flange hangers installed on multi-ply headers.Technical Bulletin
Show 6 MoreShow Less
- For hanger heights exceeding the joist height the allowable load is 0.50 of the table value.
- The Designer shall ensure that the joist member adequately transfers load to the hanger.
- Not all combinations of W, H, and B dimensions are available. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|W||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|WP||See specific model numbers for code listings.|