SET® is a two-component, 1:1 ratio, high-solids, epoxy-based adhesive for use as a high strength, non-shrink anchor grouting material. Resin and hardener are dispensed and mixed simultaneously through the mixing nozzle. SET meets or exceeds the requirements of ASTM C-881 specification for Type I, II, IV and V, Grade 3, Class B and C.
GALLERY: roll over images below to see larger image
- Threaded-rod anchoring
- Rebar doweling
- Bonding hardened concrete to hardened concrete
- Pick-proof sealant around doors, windows and fixtures
- Paste-over for crack injection
- ICC Evaluation Service ESR-1772 (PDF) (URM)
- City of L.A. RR25279 (PDF)
- Caltrans approved
- Florida Statewide Product Approval FL 15730.5
- Multiple DOT listings
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 (216 in2 /1000 gal) (PDF), except SET1.7KTA
The load tables list values based upon results from the most recent testing and may not reflect those in current code reports. Where code jurisdictions apply, consult the current reports for applicable load values.
Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean. For installations in or through standing water, see Supplemental Topics for Adhesive Anchors for details. The base material temperature must be 40°F or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be 70°–80°F at the time of application. Cartridges should not be immersed in water to facilitate warming. To warm cold material, the cartridges should be stored in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container for a sufficient time to allow epoxy to warm completely. Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 5–7 minutes at a temperature of 40°F or above.
Anchors installed with SET adhesive have been tested in accordance with ICC-ES's Acceptance Criteria for Adhesive Anchors (AC58).
In addition, anchors installed with SET adhesive have been tested in accordance with ICC-ES's Acceptance Criteria for Unreinforced Masonry Anchors (AC60).
|Consistency||ASTM C 881||
|Heat deflection||ASTM D 648||136° F (58° C)|
|ASTM C 882||
3,218 psi (2 days)
3,366 psi (14 days)
|Water absorption||ASTM D 570||0.110% (24 hrs)|
|ASTM D 695||
5,065 psi (24 hours)
12,650 psi (7 days)
|Compressive modulus||ASTM D 695||439,000 psi ( 7 days)|
|Gel time (75° F)||ASTM C 881||
30 min - 60 gram mass
60 min - thin film
ACCESSORIES / RELATED PRODUCTS
- Dispensing Tools
- Mixing Nozzles
- Plastic Anchoring Screens
- Steel Anchoring Screens
- Hole Cleaning Brushes
- Piston Plug Delivery System
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high-solids epoxy based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a staticmixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. Epoxy shall meet the minimum requirements of ASTM C-881 specification for Type I, II, IV, and V, Grade 3, Class B and C and must develop a minimum 12,650 psi compressive yield strength after 7 day cure. Epoxy must have a heat deflection temperature of a minimum 136°F (58°C). Adhesive shall be SET adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for SET adhesive.
ASD DESIGN EXAMPLE
For design example, click here.
IMPORTANT For installation instructions, click here.
24 months from date of manufacture in unopened sideby- side cartridge.
For best results store between 45°F – 90°F. To store partially used cartridges, leave hardened nozzle in place. To re-use, attach new nozzle.
Resin – white, hardener – black. When properly mixed SET adhesive will be a uniform light gray color.
Uncured material – Wipe up with cotton cloths. If desired scrub area with abrasive, waterbased cleaner and flush with water. If approved, solvents such as ketones (MEK, acetone, etc.), lacquer thinner or adhesive remover can be used. DO NOT USE SOLVENTS TO CLEAN ADHESIVE FROM SKIN. Take appropriate precautions when handling flammable solvents. Solvents may damage surfaces to which they are applied. Cured material – Chip or grind off surface.
Very good to excellent against distilled water, inorganic acids and alkalis. Fair to good against organic acids and alkalis, and many organic solvents. Poor against ketones. For more detailed information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie or see Technical Bulletin T-A-CHEMRES.
SET Cartridge Systems
- Bulk containers also available, contact Simpson Strong-Tie for details.
- Cartridge and bulk estimation guides are available.
- Detailed information on dispensing tools, mixing nozzles and other adhesive accessories is available.
- Use only appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzle in accordance with Simpson’s instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair epoxy performance.
In-Service Temperature Sensitivity
- Refer to temperature sensitivity chart for allowable bond strength reduction for temperature. See Supplemental Topics for Adhesive Anchors.
- Percent allowable load may be linearly interpolated for intermediate base material temperatures.
- °C = (°F-32) / 1.8