SET Anchoring Adhesive
Tension and Shear Loads for Installations in Unreinforced Brick
Masonry Walls Minimum URM Wall Thickness is 13" (3 wythes thick)
- Threaded rods must comply with ASTM F1554 Grade 36 minimum.
- All holes are drilled with a 1" diameter carbide-tipped drill bit with the drill set in the rotation-only mode.
- The unreinforced brick walls must have a minimum thickness of 13 inches (three wythes of brick).
- The allowable load is applicable only where in-place shear tests indicate minimum net mortar strength of 50 psi.
- The allowable load for Configuration B and C anchors subjected to a combined tension and shear load is determined by assuming a straight-line relationship between allowable tension and shear.
- The anchors installed in unreinforced brick walls are limited to resisting seismic or wind forces only.
- Configuration A has a straight threaded rod or rebar embedded 8 inches into the wall with a 31/32" diameter by 8-inch long screen tube (part # ETS758 or ETS758P). This configuration is designed to resist shear loads only.
- Configuration B has a 3/4" threaded rod bent and installed at a 22.5-degree angle and installed 13 inches into the wall, to within 1-inch (maximum) of the exterior wall surface. This configuration is designed to resist tension and shear loads. The pre-bent threaded rod is installed with a 31/32" diameter by 13-inch long screen tube (part # ETS7513 or ETS7513P).
- Configuration C is designed to resist tension and shear forces. It consists of a 5/8" diameter, ASTM F1554 Grade 36 threaded rod and an 8" long sleeve (part # AST800) and a 31/32" diameter by 8-inch long screen tube (part # ETS758). The steel sleeve has a plastic plug in one end. A 6" by 6" by 3/8" thick ASTM A 36 steel plate is located on the back face of the wall.
- Special inspection requirements are determined by local jurisdiction and must be confirmed by the local building official.
- Refer to in-service temperature sensitivity chart for allowable load adjustment for temperature.
- Screen tubes not for use with SET1.7KTA.
Configuration A (Shear)
for Configuration C:
- Drill hole perpendicular to the wall to a depth of 8" with a 1" diameter carbide-tipped drill bit (rotation only mode).
- Clean hole with oil-free compressed air and a nylon brush.
- Fill 8" screen tube with mixed adhesive and insert into hole.
- Insert steel sleeve slowly into screen tube (adhesive will displace).
- Allow adhesive to cure (see cure schedule).
- Drill through plastic plug in (inside) end of steel sleeve with 5/8" bit.
- Drill completely through the wall with 5/8" carbide tipped concrete drill bit (rotation mode only).
- Insert 5/8" rod through hole and attach metal plate and nut.
Configuration B (Tension & Shear)
Configuration C (Tension & Shear)