SET-XP® is a 1:1 two-component, high-solids, epoxy-based anchoring adhesive formulated for optimum performance in both cracked and uncracked concrete. SET-XP® adhesive has been rigorously tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308 and 2009 IBC requirements and has proven to offer increased reliability in the most adverse conditions, including performance in cracked concrete under static and seismic loading. SET-XP® adhesive is teal in color in order to be identified as a high-performance adhesive for adverse conditions. Resin and hardener are dispensed and mixed simultaneously through the mixing nozzle. SET-XP® adhesive exceeds the ASTM C 881 specification for Type I and Type IV, Grade 3, Class C epoxy.
GALLERY: roll over images below to see larger image
- When SET-XP® adhesive is used with all threaded rod or rebar, the system can be used in tension and seismic zones where there is a risk of cracks occurring that pass through the anchor location. It is also suitable for uncracked concrete conditions.
- UPDATEDICC-ES ESR-2508 (PDF) (for cracked and uncracked concrete)
- NEWIAPMO UES ER-265 (PDF) (for masonry)
- UPDATEDCity of Los Angeles RR25744 (PDF) (for cracked and uncracked concrete)
- UPDATEDCity of Los Angeles RR25965 (PDF) (for masonry)
- Florida Statewide Product Approval FL 16230
- NSF/ANSI Standard 61 (216in2/1000 gal) (PDF)
The load tables list values based upon results from the most recent testing and may not reflect those in current code reports. Where code jurisdictions apply, consult the current reports for applicable load values.
Surfaces to receive epoxy must be clean. The base-material temperature must be 50º F or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be 70–80º F at the time of application. Cartridges should not be immersed in water to facilitate warming. To warm cold material, the cartridges should be stored in a warm, uniformly-heated area or storage container for a sufficient time to allow epoxy to warm completely. Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 5–7 minutes at a temperature of 40º F or above.
Anchors installed with SET-XP® adhesive have been tested in accordance with ICC-ES's Acceptance Criteria for Post-Installed Adhesive Anchors in Masonry Elements (AC58) and Adhesive Anchors in Concrete Elements (AC308) for the following:
- Seismic and wind loading in cracked and uncracked concrete and uncracked masonry
- Static tension and shear loading
- Horizontal and overhead installations
- Long-term creep at elevated temperatures
- Static loading at elevated temperatures
- Damp holes
- Freeze-thaw conditions
- Critical and minimum edge distance and spacing
|Consistency||ASTM C 881||Passed, non-sag|
|Glass transition temperature||ASTM E 1356||155°F (68° C)|
|Bond strength (moist cure)||ASTM C 882||3,742 psi at 2 days|
|Water absorption||ASTM D 570||0.10%|
|Compressive yield strength||ASTM D 695||14,830 psi|
|Compressive modulus||ASTM D 695||644,000 psi|
|Gel time||ASTM C 881||49 minutes|
For water-saturated concrete, the cure times are doubled.
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component high-solids, epoxy-based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a staticmixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. The adhesive anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES AC308. Adhesive shall be SET-XP® adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for SET-XP epoxy adhesive.
IMPORTANT For installation instructions, click here.
24 months from date of manufacture in unopened sideby-side cartridge.
For best results, store between 45–90° F. To store partially used cartridges, leave hardened nozzle in place. To re-use, attach new nozzle.
Resin – white, hardener – black-green. When properly mixed, SET-XP adhesive will be a uniform teal color.
Uncured material – Wipe up with cotton cloths. If desired, scrub area with abrasive, waterbased cleaner and flush with water. If approved, solvents such as ketones (MEK, acetone, etc.), lacquer thinner or adhesive remover can be used. DO NOT USE SOLVENTS TO CLEAN ADHESIVE FROM SKIN. Take appropriate precautions when handling flammable solvents. Solvents may damage surfaces to which they are applied. Cured Material – chip or grind off surface.
Very good to excellent against distilled water, in-organic acids and alkalis. Fair to good against organic acids and alkalis, and many organic solvents. Poor against ketones. For more detailed information, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
SET-XP Cartridge System
- Cartridge estimation guides are available.
- Detailed information on dispensing tools, mixing nozzles and other adhesive accessories is available.
- Use only appropriate Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzle in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair epoxy performance.
SET-XP® Epoxy Anchor Installation Information
and Additional Data for Threaded Rod and Rebar in Normal-Weight Concrete1
- The information presented in this table is to be used in conjunction with the design criteria of ICC-ES AC308.
- Minimum and maximum embedment depths are are listed in accordance with ICC-ES AC308 requirements.