The ESA was the original internally threaded mechanical anchor design. The malleable lead shield allows for secure mounting.
GALLERY: roll over images below to see larger image
Cone – Die Cast Zamac 3 alloy;
Expander Shield – 3 - 5% antimonial lead.
Meets Federal Specifications A-A-1922A, Type 1, except ESA50.
Piloted Setting Punch Product Data
in Normal-Weight Concrete
- The allowable loads listed are based on a safety factor of 4.0.
- The minimum concrete thickness is 1 1/2 times the embedment depth.
- Machine bolt is not included.
- One piloted setting punch is included in each box.
- Drill a hole in the base material using the appropriate diameter carbide drill bit as specified in the table. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/8" for flush mounting. Blow the hole clean using compressed air. Overhead installations need not be blown clean.
- Insert anchor into hole.
- Using a piloted setting punch, drive expander shield over cone.
- Position fixture; insert fastener and tighten.