The Lag Screw Expansion Shield is a die cast zinc alloy expansion shield for anchoring lag screws in a variety of base materials, including concrete, concrete block, brick and mortar joints. Radial ribs provide additional holding power in softer material.
Die cast Zamac 3 Alloy.
in Normal-Weight Concrete
- The allowable loads listed are based on a safety factor of 4.0.
- The minimum concrete thickness is 1 1/2 times the embedment depth.
- Screw is not included.
Caution: Oversized holes may make it impossible to set the anchor and will reduce the anchor's load capacity.
- Drill a hole in the base material using the appropriate-diameter carbide drill bit as specified in the table. Drill the hole to the specified embedment depth plus 1/8" for flush mounting and blow it clean using compressed air. Alternatively, drill the hole deep enough to accommodate embedment depth and dust from drilling. Overhead installations need not be blown clean.
- Insert anchor into hole. Tap with hammer until flush with surface of base material.
- Position fixture; insert screw and tighten.