The Wedge-All® wedge anchors are a non-bottom bearing, wedge-style expansion anchor for use in solid concrete or grout-filled concrete masonry. A one-piece clip ensures uniform holding capacity that increases as tension is applied. The threaded stud version is available in eight diameters and multiple lengths. A single size tie-wire version is available for wire supported fixtures. Threaded studs are set by tightening the nut. Tie-wire anchors are set with the claw end of a hammer.
- One piece wrap around clip
- Threaded end is chamfered for ease of starting nut
- Most sizes feature full thread for added versatility
Carbon and stainless steel
Carbon steel anchors are available zinc plated or mechanically galvanized.
- ICC-ES ESR-1396 (PDF) (CMU)
- City of L.A. RR24682 (PDF)
- Factory Mutual 3017082, 3031136 and 3043442
- Florida FL15730.8
- Underwriters Laboratories File Ex3605
- Meets requirements of Federal Specifications A-A-1923A, Type 4
The Tie-Wire anchor is not code listed.
The load tables list values based upon results from the most recent testing and may not reflect those in current code reports. Where code jurisdictions apply, consult the current reports for applicable load values.
The Wedge-All anchor has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES's Acceptance Criteria for Expansion Anchors (AC01) for the following:
- Static tension and shear loading
- Seismic and wind loading
- Combination tension and shear loading
- Critical and minimum edge distance
For design example, click here.
Wedge anchors shall be a threaded stud with an integral cone expander and a single piece expansion clip. The stud shall be carbon steel with a minimum 70,000 psi tensile strength, or type 303, 304 or 316 stainless steel, as called for on the drawings. Anchors shall meet Federal Specification A-A-1923A, Type 4. Anchors shall be Wedge-All® anchors from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed following the Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for Wedge-All anchors.