CMSTC provides nail slots for easy installation; it can be cut to length. CS are continuous utility straps which can be cut to length on the job site. Packaged in lightweight (about 40 pounds) cartons.
Galvanized. Some products available in ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Wood shrinkage after strap installation across horizontal wood members may cause strap to buckle outward.
- Refer to the applicable code for minimum nail penetration and minimum wood edge and end distances.
- The table shows the maximum allowable loads and the nails required to obtain them. Fewer nails may be used; reduce the allowable load as shown in footnote 3.
- The cut length of the strap shall be equal to twice the "End Length" noted in the table plus the clear span dimension.
- CMST only - Use every other triangle hole if the wood tends to split. Use round and triangle holes for comparable MST loads, providing wood does not tend to split.
- For lap splice and alternate nailing information, See Technical Bulletin T-CMST.
- CS straps are available in 25' lengths, order CS14-R, CS16-R, CS18-R, CS20-R or CS22-R.
Gauge stamped on part for easy identification