Girder/Truss to Masonry/Concrete
Moisture barrier not shown on this page
- Holdown load values are based on a 3" thick vertical member. See HDU, HDQ, and HTT series holdowns (in the current Simpson Strong-Tie® Wood Construction Connectors catalog) for load values based on different wood thickness. Wood member design by Specifier.
- The Designer must specify anchor type, length and embedment.
- The Designer must evaluate multiple installations not listed.
- ATR—All-Thread Rod or Anchor Bolt.
- PA28 and HPA35 must be embedded in center of a concrete tie beam (minimum width = 7 5/8").
- Multiple HDUs and HTTs must be installed staggered on truss.
- For concrete applications use 1/4"x1 3/4" Titen® screws.
- To achieve the published loads, the FGTR must be attached to a grouted and reinforced block concrete wall designed by others to transfer the uplift loads to the foundation.
- FGTR is packaged with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® screws (SDS) and Titen HD® anchors.
- Screw holes on FGTR and VGT are configured to allow for a double installation on a two ply truss.
- To achieve the loads listed for the MGT, HGT and VGT single and double connector options, anchor into a 8" wide concrete tie-beam or grouted and reinforced CMU tie-beam can be made using Simpson Strong-Tie® SET® epoxy anchoring adhesive with a minimum embedment depth of 12", a minimum end distance of 12" and centered in the 8" member. Vertical reinforcement may be required to transfer the loads per Designer.
- H16-2 factory sloped to 5:12, but 3:12 - 7:12 roof slope is acceptable.
- LTA2 uplift is 1210 Ibs. for DF.
- THDRC listed for use with 8" concrete tie beam, 1 3/4" edge, 8" end distance, uncracked concrete with no supplementary reinforcement and 2500 psi concrete minimum. Designer shall specify adhesive anchor for CMU bond beam.