I-Joists to Masonry/Concrete
Fastened Directly to CMU, Bond Beam or Concrete Tie Beam
Installation into CMU, Bond Beam or Concrete Tie Beam
both sides of
- Additional fastener holes are provided on these products. Not all holes are required to be filled to achieve listed loads.
- Consult I-joist manufacturer for blocking details and uplift limits on joist end application.
- Web stiffener required on both side to achieve published uplift loads.
- When installing MTSM and HTSM connectors, the following installation instructions are required for lateral loads to apply:
a) The first four holes for Titen® screws after the bend area must be filled on the concrete/masonry end of the connection.
b) The first seven nail holes after the bend area must be filled with 10dx1 1/2 nails on the wood end of the connection. Any additional required nails may be placed in any open hole on the wood end of the strap.
- Use 1/4" x1 3/4" Titen® screws for concrete application.
- Allowable loads in the F1 direction are not intended to replace diaphragm boundary members or prevent cross grain bending of the truss or rafter members.
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated as described in Note 6, under General Notes.