Wood Strong-Wall® Shearwall
The Wood Strong-Wall® shearwall can be installed around window and
door openings, on garage wing walls, interior walls or any other custom locations where increased lateral resistance is required. Wood Strong-Wall® panels
can reduce the amount of wall space required for shearwalls, allowing for more windows and doors within house designs.
Simpson Strong-Tie® Wood Strong-Wall® shearwalls are code-listed
under the 2012 IRC/IBC and conform to the latest ICC-ES
Acceptance Criteria (AC130). For Strong-Wall SB, ICC-ES ESR-2652
and City of Los Angeles RR25730
; for the Wood Strong-Wall, ICC-ES ESR-1267
- Pre-fabricated: The high-strength wall comes with the sheathing and holdowns pre-attached. Additional
installation hardware is included.
- Easy to Install: Reusable templates locate the required holdown and mudsill anchor bolts accurately in
the foundation. The walls are then placed over the anchor bolts followed by a simple top and bottom plate attachment.
- Field Trimmable: New Strong-Wall SB shearwall is ideal for custom applications and rake walls.
- Installation Guide: Detailed instructions attached to every wall.
- State-of-the-Art Testing: Third-party documentation of our cyclic testing verifies high design
- Quality Assurance: No-Equal quality-controlled manufacturing reduces inspection problems commonly faced
with site-built shearwalls.
- Support and Service: Simpson Strong-Tie provides the best engineering technical
support and experienced field representation to assist you.