EPB Elevated Post Base
These cast-in-place post bases provide a secure connection to the concrete and the code-required 1" standoff to help prevent rot at the post end.
EPB44A—14 gauge; others—12 gauge base plate, 1 1/16" OD x 8" pipe
EPB44A—Galvanized; all others—Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint (may be ordered HDG). See Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Allows 1" to 2 1/2" clearance above concrete, 2" for EPB44A.
- Post bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for non-top-supported installations (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Some products may be installed with the Strong-Drive® SD Structural Connector screw. See model table.
12" pipe available for EPB44, 46, 66; specify "-12" after model number.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE13This guide provides a range of info that makes it user-friendly for DIY and novice contractors while retaining a level of detail for more experienced builders.Flier
DIY Done Right - Make Your Home Projects EasierS-HOMEPRJCTS14A 32-page color brochure showing examples of DIY project ideas using Simpson Strong-Tie® products, including decks, patio covers, fences, and garage organization.Flier
DIY Done Right - Facilitamos los proyectos para su casaS-HOMPRJCTS14SPFlier
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL Columns, Limit States DesignT-C-SCLCLMCAN13This technical bulletin for Canadian Limit States discusses the structural properties of the two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber.Technical Bulletin
Show 4 MoreShow Less
Load Values with Nails
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Loads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- Concrete shall have a minimum compressive strength, f'c = 2500 psi.
- Multiply Seismic and Wind ASD load values by 1.4 or 1.6 respectively to obtain LRFD capacities.
- In accordance with IBC Section 1613.1, detached one- and two-family dwellings in Seismic Design Category (SDC) C may use “Wind and SDC A&B” allowable loads.
- Download shall be reduced where limited by the design capacity of the column. See Post Capacities for common post allowable loads.
- For lateral loads: F1 allowable = 815 lbs. for the EPB44A and 985 lbs. for EPB44, 46 and 66. F2 allowable = 935 lbs. for the EPB44A and 1135 lbs. for EPB44, 46 and 66.
- Designer is responsible for concrete design.
- For full loads, nearest concrete edge required is 4" from EPB center line.
- Structural composite lumber columns have sides that either show the wide face or the edges of the lumber strands/veneers known as the narrow face. Values in the tables reflect installation into the wide face. See technical bulletin T-C-SCLCLM for load reductions due to narrow face installations.
- NAILS: 16d = 0.162" dia. x 3 1/2" long. See other nail sizes and information.
|ModelNo.||Nominal Post Size||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Post Flange||Base Bottom||Uplift||Lateral F1||Lateral F2||Download|
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|EPB||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|EPB44-12||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|EPB44MB||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|EPB44P||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|EPB44T||No code listing: Please contact us for test data.|