Select One of Our Sites
• Specifically designed to replace nails in certain Simpson Strong-Tie connectors, and is the only screw approved for that application. The #9 and #10 SD screws replace 10d and 16d nails respectively.
• Tested and approved for use in many of our best-selling connectors for both interior and exterior applications.
• Ideal for use in connector applications where more control is desired or using a hammer is inconvenient
• 1/4" hex head reduces cam-out for easier installation and is stamped with the Simpson Strong-Tie “≠” sign and the fastener size for easy identification after installation
• Shank is specifically designed to match the fastener holes in Simpson Strong-Tie connectors
• Patented serrated threads and sharp point make driving easier
• Optimized heat treating for ductility and strength
• The single-fastener load capacity of the SD9 exceeds the capacity of a 10d common nail, while the single-fastener load capacity of the SD10 exceeds that of the 16d common nail
• Mechanically-galvanized coating meets ASTM B695 Class 55, is recommended for use with certain preservative-treated woods and is compliant with the 2006 and 2009 International Residential Code® (2006 Section R319.3, 2009 Section R317.3.1)
• Code listed under ICC-ES ESR-3046
• Connectors installed with the SD screw code listed under ICC-ES ESR-3096