Associate Inside Sales Representative
Be A Maker
At Simpson Strong-Tie, we’ve built a workplace where people are connected and engaged in creative thinking from day one throughout their careers.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that’s what we value at Simpson Strong-Tie. When there's a win, we’ll cheer you on. When there's a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
At Simpson Strong-Tie, you’ll find talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all connected by our shared mission — to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
It’s this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work for more than 60 years — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other. As an Associate Inside Sales Representative, you will be responsible for servicing the customer by handling all types of customer problems and request as well as processing orders — usually by telephone.
If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do.
What You'll Be Doing
|% Time||Job Responsibilities|
|80%||Answer incoming phone calls and provide customers with requested information (pricing, ship dates, freight estimates, etc.) while making sure the customer feels valued. Receive email, EDI, faxed orders into SAP system.|
|10%||Review and consult with customers on job quotes, plans and custom solutions.|
|10%||Extensive product knowledge training provided during initial 2 years in the position.|
Desired Skills and Experience
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- Must be fluent in both French and English languages.
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A./B.S.) preferred.
- 2 years related experience in Lumber and Building Materials Industry would be ideal.
- Attention to Detail: Ability to diligently attend to details and pursue quality in accomplishing tasks.
- Product Knowledge: Familiarity and basic understanding of product from all of our business segments.
- Customer Focus: Ability to build and maintain customer satisfaction.
- Analysis/Reasoning: Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Math: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Language: Ability to read and interpret documents such as work instructions, safety rules, operating instructions. Ability to compose professional email correspondence to customers.
- Communication: Ability to use language that is appropriate to the audience, occasion, and purpose. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees. Ability to generate messages that instigate appropriate actions. This individual must have interpersonal skills to navigate a fast moving and sometimes challenging department and provide No-Equal customer service
- Reasoning: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Accountability & Dependability: Ability to show up to work on time, and follows instructions, policies, and procedures. Ability to meet productivity standards, deadlines, and work schedules.
- Computer Skills: Score in the proficient range on typing assessment. Fully competent in SAP, Outlook, Excel and Word is mandatory.
This full-time, position is located in Brampton, Ontario.
Relocation is not available for this position.
This position reports to the Supervisor, Inside Sales, Canada.
To apply for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 2, 2022.
Effective Date: 11/02/2022
In keeping with the Company’s commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, colour, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which provincial law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.