Pitt Meadows, BC
Be A Maker
At Simpson Strong-Tie, we’ve built a workplace where people are connected and engaged in creative thinking from day one throughout their careers.
When you think of the best a family has to offer — support, collaboration and respect — that’s what we value at Simpson Strong-Tie. When there’s a win, we'll cheer you on. When there’s a snag, coworkers step in to help you out. Working on solutions together is just the way we do things here, and that creates an atmosphere that often feels like home.
At Simpson Strong-Tie, you'll find talented, passionate, dedicated, humble and genuinely kind people who are all connected by our shared mission — to provide solutions that help people design and build safer, stronger structures.
It’s this mission and our strong people-focused values that have made Simpson Strong-Tie a unique place to work for more than 60 years — a place where you can connect, create and build your career. We invite you to learn more about our culture and why our employees are our most loyal customers.
You want to be an important member of a strong team of other makers who take pride in their work and support each other.
As an Associate Shipper/Receiver, you will be responsible for shipping, receiving, and stocking finished goods needed to fulfill customer orders. That’s year one.
If career growth is important to you, we not only know how to help you with that, it’s what we love to do.
What You’ll Be Doing
|% Time||Job Responsibilities|
|70%||Complete shipments using ERP system and/or tablet. Pull, package, and palletize products for shipment. Ensure incoming and outgoing shipments meet packaging, customer, and quality standards. Receive, stock, and rotate product. Identify, tag, store and locate finished inventory.|
|10%||Create and apply documents, such as shipping labels, packing list, and bills of lading for each pallet/shipment.|
|10%||Maintain a clean work environment.|
|10%||Other duties as assigned.|
Desired Skills and Experience
If you can do everything listed above, you’ve got what it takes. Perhaps some of the following would be helpful too:
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Simpson Strong-Tie Powered Industrial Truck Certification required (will certify at hire).
- D.O.T. HazMat Training required (will certify at hire).
- 3-6 months of warehouse, logistics, and/or shipping experience required.
- Equipment: Operate forklift, reach truck, order picker.
- Safety: Ability to prioritize safety by demonstrating safe work practices and promoting a safe work environment.
- Mathematical Reasoning: Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiple and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
- Ability to Work Independently: Follow both written and oral instructions, including safety guidelines, work instructions, and company policies.
- Attendance: Able to consistently demonstrate reliable, punctual attendance in accordance with our attendance policy.
- Communication Skills: Speak in the most effective way to relay information to all departments and at all levels within the organization. Listen and ask questions to ensure understanding.
- Quality Standards Knowledge: Demonstrate an understanding of company quality standards and company quality control processes.
- Problem Solving: Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Teamwork: Ability to work with other team members to accomplish group goals.
- Results Focus & Initiative: Ability to multi task and take initiative in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Customer Service Skills: Apply customer service principles and processes on the job and with others.
- Reading Comprehension: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- SAP experience would be an asset.
This job does not require travel.
This full-time, exempt position is located in Pitt Meadows, British Columbia.
Relocation is not available for this position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to: Human Resources 28HR@strongtie.com
Effective Date: 4/9/2021
In keeping with the Company’s commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer. This means that to the fullest extent required by local law, employment decisions are based on merit and business needs and not on race, colour, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender (which provincial law may define to include gender identity/expression, transgender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, and gender stereotyping), sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, genetic information, medical condition, covered marital status, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
Please note all job offers are contingent upon presenting a clean driver’s abstract.