BIM Designer/Revit, ACA, Vertex
Our BIM Designer operates CAD/BIM based applications to design, create, and/or modify residential architectural construction documents to a quality that meets or exceeds total customer satisfaction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Creating, reviewing, analyzing, understanding, and modifying residential construction documents (Master Plans, Base Plans, and Job starts) to meet client needs and specifications with CAD/BIM standards
- Providing above average level of customer service to all customers (internal and external)
- Work in a team environment, take direction, and collaborate in meetings
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Having and applying a good knowledge of residential building codes and standards
- Developing and maintaining moderate productivity speed, quality control and accuracy on projects
- Personal time management skills for meeting established deadlines
- Creation of master sets and optioning master plans in specific BIM/CAD platforms
- Exposure to basic Pipeline functions and theories
- Exposure to client communication through email, and conference calls
- Using standard Microsoft Office products proficiently (Word, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook)
- High attention to detail with high level of cognitive skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Some additional duties may include but are not limited to:
- Sitting at computer throughout the work day with high attention to detail with high level of cognitive skills while inputting information through a keyboard and mouse
- Participation in research and development projects including new technologies for increased efficiency in the Home Building industry when requested
- Training of new team members on client and/or base plan standards and basic usage of a specific BIM application.
Education & Certification Requirements:
|Required or Preferred
||Degree or Certification
||Associate of Science Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Residential Construction
- 2+ years’ experience in either AutoCAD Architecture 2010 or newer, Revit Architecture, or other 3D BIM application
- On site field construction experience desired
- Skills to manipulate Architectural objects to meet client needs and specifications
- Experience and a firm understanding of construction documents
- Advanced problem solving / analysis (Options)
- Design concepts and requirements
- Code requirements
- Structural understanding
- Quality Review
- Ability to work in a team environment and take direction
- Excellent communication skills and a good work history
Travel Required / %: No overnight travel is anticipated. Occasional local day travel may be required.
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Lafayette, IN.
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 3/15/2018
Please Note: All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer.