Our Estimator operates estimating-based applications to assimilate residential house estimates for base and option plans, utilizing traditional 2D takeoff methodology.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Providing above average level of customer service to all customers (internal and external)
- Creating, reviewing, analyzing, understanding, and modifying residential estimates (Base Plans and Options) to meet client needs and specifications.
- Work in a team environment, take direction, and collaborate in meetings
- Training new team members on software functionality and client standards
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
- Having and applying a knowledge of residential estimation practices and standards.
- Developing and maintaining moderate productivity speed, quality control and accuracy on projects
- Personal time management skills for meeting established deadlines
- Exposure to basic Pipeline functions and theories (proprietary software)
- Exposure to client communication through email, and conference calls
- Using standard Microsoft Office products proficiently (Word, Excel, OneNote, and Outlook)
- High attention to detail with high level of cognitive skills
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Some additional duties may include but are not limited to:
- Sitting at computer throughout the work day with high attention to detail with high level of cognitive skills while inputting information through a keyboard and mouse
- Participation in research and development projects including new technologies for increased efficiency in the Home Building industry when requested
- Utilization of project management software to review schedules and workloads.
Education & Certification Requirements:
|Required or Preferred
||Degree or Certification
||Associate of Science Degree (Bachelor’s preferred) in Residential Construction
- 2 years’ experience in residential estimation
- On site field construction experience desired
- Experience and a firm understanding of construction documents
- Communication proficiency
- Estimation practices and standards
- Advanced problem solving / analysis (Plan review)
- Quality Review
- Construction Document interpretation
This full-time, non-exempt position is located in Lafayette, IN.
Relocation will not be considered for this position.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted: 4/19/2018
Please Note: All job offers are contingent upon a successful background investigation and drug test.
In keeping with the Company's commitment to the communities in which it does business, we are an equal opportunity employer.