APRTA Rigid Tie® Angle
On This Page
The Outdoor Accents® APRTA is designed to connect two wood members at a 90° angle. This Rigid Tie angle fastens the members on two sides, eliminating the need for angle bracing. Manufactured to high-quality standards to ensure solid performance, this Rigid Tie connector features ZMAX® galvanization with a black powder-coat finish for added corrosion resistance. As part of the Outdoor Accents Accessories line, this decorative hardware connector can be used with either the Mission Collection® or Avant Collection™, as well as separately to add flair to any outdoor project.
- Ideal for gates, fences or any project where a 90° connection is needed
- APRTA12 fastens with #8 x 3/4" screws (not included); APRTA2 fastens with Simpson Strong-Tie® Outdoor Accents 1 1/2" connector screws (not included)
- Provides a strong 90° connection without 45° cuts or angled fastening
- APRTA12 — 18 gauge; APRTA2 — 16 gauge
- ZMAX with black powder coat
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Install vertical members first, then attach horizontal members for easier alignment
- To aid positioning and prevent skewing, seat wood member in bracket with a C-clamp before securing
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Post/Joist Size||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|APRTA12||1x2 or larger post and joist||18||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APRTA2||2x post; 2x joist||16||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|Model No.||Post Size||Joist Size||Fastener Quantity||Allowable Load (DF/SP)|
|Post||Joist||Floor (100)||Roof (125)|
- Allowable loads must be equally distributed on both joists.
- APRTA12 fasteners are #8 x 3/4" screws that are rated for outdoor use.
- APRTA2 fasteners are Outdoor Accents SD10112DBB connector screws.
- Fasteners sold seperately.
Code Reports & Compliance