AT-3G™ High-Strength Hybrid Acrylic Adhesive
AT-3G is a hybrid, acrylic-based adhesive for anchoring threaded rod and rebar into cracked and uncracked concrete. Ideal for cold weather and wet concrete applications, AT-3G dispenses easily and offers a fast curing time for same-day bolt up. It can be specified for a wide range of in-service temperatures, and maintains its strong bond strength in extreme environments for ultimate design and jobsite flexibility. Tested and code compliant with the IBC and IRC, AT-3G hybrid adhesive is easy to install with the conventional blow-brush-blow hole cleaning method.
- Excellent for use in cold weather conditions or applications where fast cure is required
- Recognized per ICC-ES AC308 for threaded rod and rebar anchoring, along with post-installed rebar development and splice length design provisions
- Conventional blow-brush-blow hole cleaning technique using a wire brush — no power brushing required
- Base material installation temperatures down to 0°F (-18°C)
- Use in grout-filled CMU construction
- Use of a vacuum in lieu of compressed air for hole cleaning
- Installation into oversized holes
- Installation in holes drilled with diamond core bits
|Mix Ratio/Type||10:1 hybrid-acrylic|
|Base Materials||Concrete — cracked and uncracked|
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated, water-filled holes|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||23°F (-5°C) to 104°F (40°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 320°F (160°C)|
|Storage Temperature||41°F (5°C) and 77°F (25°C)|
|Shelf Life||18 months|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||41 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|AT3G10||9.5 oz. coaxial cartridgeIncludes AMN19Q mixing nozzle||1||6||CDT10S dispensing tool / AMN19Q mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchor and rebar dowel installations in cracked and uncracked concrete under a wide variety of environmental installation and use conditions
- Installation in downward, horizontal and upwardly inclined (including overhead) orientations
- Installation down to 0 F (-18 C)
- Qualified for use in structures assigned to Seismic Design Categories A through F
- Surfaces to receive adhesive must be clean per approved hole cleaning method.
- Base-material temperatures must be 23°F (-5°C) or above at the time of installation.
- To warm cold adhesive, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water or use microwave to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 2-3 minutes at temperatures of 70°F (21°C) and above.
- Use only Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzles in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair AT-3G adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
- Uncured material — Wipe up with cotton cloths.
- Cured material — Chip or grind off surface.
- AT-3G has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES 308, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
AT-3G Typical Properties
|Property||Class A (35°–40°F)||Class B (40°–60°F)||Class C (>60°F)||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened-to-Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||2,800 psi||2,800 psi||2,800 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened-to-Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||3,200 psi||3,100 psi||3,250 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||10,300 psi||13,400 psi||15,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||1,400,000 psi||1,550,000 psi||1,650,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure3||258°F (126°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure3||237°F (114°C)||ASTM E1640|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure3||480°F (250°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure3||0.90%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure3||81||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure3||0.000 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion3||2.6 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Design Information and Load Tables
- Anchoring Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Adhesive Cartridge Estimator
- Anchor Designer™ Software
- Strong-Rod™ Uplift Restraint System - Anchorage Adhesives
- Adhesive Anchor Installation Training
Code Reports & Compliance