AT-XP® High-Strength Acrylic Adhesive
On This Page
Acrylic Anchoring Adhesives
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Acrylic Anchoring Adhesives. You can also view product information related to the category: Strong-Rod® URS Components
AT-XP is an acrylic-based high-strength anchoring adhesive. AT-XP is a 10:1 ratio, two-component, anchoring adhesive for use in threaded rod and rebar into concrete (cracked and uncracked) and masonry (uncracked) under a wide range of conditions. AT-XP adhesive dispenses easily in cold or warm environments and in below-freezing temperatures with no need to warm the cartridge.
- Excellent for use in cold weather conditions or applications where fast cure is required.
- Design flexibility — superior sustained load performance at elevated temperature.
- Jobsite versatility — can be specified for dry and damp conditions when in-service temperatures range from -40°F (-40°C) to 180°F (82°C).
- Approved for installation with vacuum-drill bit system without further hole cleaning. See Code Report (ER-263) for approved system.
- Passed the demanding ICC-ES AC308 adverse-condition tests pertaining to reduced and elevated temperatures and long-term sustained loads.
- Easy hole-cleaning procedure — no power-brushing required.
- Manufactured in the USA using global materials.
|Mix Ratio/Type||10:1 acrylic|
|Base Materials||Concrete — cracked and uncracked |
Masonry — uncracked
|Base Material Conditions||Dry, water-saturated|
|Anchor Type||Threaded rod or rebar|
|Substrate Installation Temperature||14°F (-10°C) to 100°F (38°C)|
|In-Service Temperature Range||-40°F (-40°C) to 180°F (82°C)|
|Storage Temperature||14°F (10°C) and 80°F (27°C)|
|Shelf Life||18 months for AT-XP10; 12 months for AT-XP13 and AT-XP30|
|Volatile Organic Compound (VOC)||30 g/L|
|Model No.||Option||Packaging Qty.||Carton Qty.||Compatible Tools|
|AT-XP10||9.4 oz. (16.9 in.3) coaxial cartridgeIncludes AMN19Q mixing nozzle||1||6||CDT10S dispensing tool / AMN19Q mixing nozzle|
|AT-XP13||12.5 oz. (22.5 in.3) side-by-side cartridgeIncludes AMN19Q mixing nozzle||1||10||ADT813S dispensing tool / AMN19Q mixing nozzle|
|AT-XP30||30 oz. (54 in.3) side-by-side cartridgeIncludes AMN19Q mixing nozzle||1||5||ADT30S, ADTA30P or ADTA30CKT dispensing tool / AMN19Q mixing nozzle|
- Threaded rod anchoring and rebar doweling into concrete and masonry
- Suitable for horizontal, vertical and overhead applications
- Surfaces to receive adhesive must be clean.
- Base material temperature must be 14°F or above at the time of installation. For best results, material should be 14°F (–10°C) to 80°F (27°C) at time of application.
- To warm cold material, store cartridges in a warm, uniformly heated area or storage container. Do not immerse cartridges in water to facilitate warming.
- Mixed material in nozzle can harden in 3–4 minutes at temperatures of 70°F (21°C) and above.
- Use only Simpson Strong-Tie mixing nozzles in accordance with Simpson Strong-Tie instructions. Modification or improper use of mixing nozzle may impair AT-XP adhesive performance.
- For full instructions, see Adhesive Anchoring Installation Instructions.
Uncured material — Wipe up with cotton cloths. If desired, approved solvents, such as ketones (MEK, acetone, etc.), lacquer thinner, or adhesive remover can be used. DO NOT USE SOLVENTS TO CLEAN ADHESIVE FROM SKIN. Take appropriate precautions when handling flammable solvents. Solvents may damage surfaces to which they are applied. Cured material — Chip or grind off surface.
- AT-XP has been tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC308, AC58, ACI 355.4 and applicable ASTM test methods.
|Gel Time (mins.)||Cure Time (hrs.)|
|1. For water-saturated concrete, the cure times must be doubled.|
|85||30||1 1/2||30 min.|
AT-XP Typical Properties
|Property||Class A||Class B||Class C||Test Method|
|Bond Strength, Slant Shear||Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 2-Day Cure1||1,900 psi||2,500 psi||3,200 psi||ASTM C882|
|Hardened to Hardened Concrete, 14-Day Cure1||2,100 psi||3,750 psi||3,550 psi|
|Compressive Yield Strength, 7-Day Cure2||11,800 psi||14,900 psi||18,800 psi||ASTM D695|
|Compressive Modulus, 7-Day Cure2||388,000 psi||565,000 psi||718,000 psi||ASTM D695|
|Heat Deflection Temperature, 7-Day Cure3||253°F (123°C)||ASTM D648|
|Glass Transition Temperature, 7-Day Cure3||266°F (130°C)||ASTM E1356|
|Decomposition Temperature, 24-Hour Cure3||450°F (230°C)||ASTM E2550|
|Water Absorption, 24-Hours, 7-Day Cure3||0.10%||ASTM D570|
|Shore D Hardness, 24-Hour Cure3||86||ASTM D2240|
|Linear Coefficient of Shrinkage, 7-Day Cure3||0.002 in./in.||ASTM D2566|
|Coefficient of Thermal Expansion3||3.2 x 10-5 in./in.°F||ASTM C531|
Anchoring adhesive shall be a two-component, high-solids, acrylic-based system supplied in manufacturer's standard cartridge and dispensed through a static-mixing nozzle supplied by the manufacturer. The adhesive anchor shall have been tested and qualified for performance in cracked and uncracked concrete per ICC-ES AC308. Adhesive shall be AT-XP adhesive from Simpson Strong-Tie, Pleasanton, CA. Anchors shall be installed per Simpson Strong-Tie instructions for AT-XP adhesive. For additional questions, contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
Design Information and Load Tables
- AT-XP Design Information
- Opti-Mesh Adhesive Anchoring Screen Tubes for AT-XP High-Strength Acrylic Adhesive
- Anchoring Systems Technical and Installation Notes
- Chemical Resistance of Adhesive Anchors
- Adhesive Cartridge Estimator
- Anchor Designer™ Software
- Strong-Rod™ Uplift Restraint System - Anchorage Adhesives
- OSHA Silica Dust Exposure Provisions
- Adhesive Anchor Installation Training
Code Reports & Compliance