Strong-Rod® Systems Threaded Rod (ATS)
On This Page
The Strong-Rod ATS is a tension transfer element within the anchor tiedown system (ATS) for shearwall overturning restraint. These rods are threaded on both ends, with the top end having 12" or 48" of thread to allow for the distance that the rod sticks through the floor system, which can vary. ATS rods feature etched information on the shank that allows for easy identification in the field.
- Available in diameters from 5/8" up to 1 1/4"
- UNC Class 2A thread specifications
- ASTM A108 Grade G10450 Min Fy = 92 ksi, min. Fu = 120 ksi
- Uncoated black steel
- When placing the rod, the most commonly used procedure involves dropping in (or pushing up) the rod through the drilled holes in the flooring system after framing has been completed
- Drilled holes through the sill plate and flooring system should be completed with one continuous drilling action
- See installation animations in the Image & Video Gallery for further description
|Allowable Tensile Capacity for ATS Strong-Rods|
|Rod Model No.||Rod Dia. (in.)||Material||Allowable Tension Capacity (lb.)2|
|Fy (ksi)||Fu (ksi)||P100 (lb)|
Code Reports & Compliance