APVB Adjustable Post Base
On This Page
Outdoor Accents® adjustable post bases secure the post or column to concrete and are perfect for outdoor projects, such as pergolas, patio covers and other top-supported structures. These post bases are part of our Outdoor Accents Avant Collection™ and feature a clean, timeless design that complements nearly every architectural style. ZMAX® galvanized steel with a black powder-coat finish provides corrosion resistance.
The APVB post bases install with the Outdoor Accents structural wood screw and patented hex-head washer (sold separately) — the only approved fastener solution for Outdoor Accents connectors. This screw and washer combination provides a decorative bolt-like connection, but with the installation ease of a screw. APVB models include a 1" standoff from the concrete to help avoid post-end rot from moisture.
- Designed to meet stringent building codes for seismic or high-wind events
- Slotted for adjustability
- Features 1" standoff to help prevent rot at post end
- Outdoor Accents side plates available (see APVBDSP)
- Fastener holes are slightly offset to help prevent fastener interference
- Nominal and rough post sizes: 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 10x10
- See Table
- ZMAX galvanization with a black powder coat offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
- Uplift loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Downloads may not be increased for short-term loading.
- Specifier is to design concrete and anchorage for uplift loads. See Stainless-Steel Titen HD® and SET-3G™ for more information.
- Downloads shall be reduced where limited by capacity of the post.
- All column fasteners are Outdoor Accents SDWS22312DBB structural wood screws inserted through an STN22 hex-head washer.
- Column bases do not provide adequate resistance to prevent members from rotating about the base and therefore are not recommended for installations that lack top support (such as fences or unbraced carports).
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance