APVGP Decorative Gable Plate
The Simpson Strong-Tie® Outdoor Accents line of decorative hardware features connectors and fasteners that bring beauty and strength to custom outdoor living structures. The Avant Collection features straighter edges for a more contemporary design. These gable plates provide reinforcement for a connection from a wood beam to three angled wood braces. Three sizes are available for 6x and larger lumber: 6:12 pitch, 8:12 pitch and 12:12 pitch. One size is now offered for 4x lumber: 12:12 pitch.
- Gable plates are easily installed with Outdoor Accents structural screws and hex-head washers (fasteners sold separately)
- ZMAX® galvanization with a black powder coat offers extra corrosion resistance for exterior and treated-wood applications
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Explore the full Outdoor Accents product line
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Description||Ga.||W (in.)||H (in.)||L (in.)||Coating||Packaging Qty.|
|APVGP1212||12:12 pitch; sized for 6x or larger lumber||12||5||19 3/4||34 1/2||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APVGP1212-4||12:12 pitch; sized for 4x lumber||12||3||11 1/2||20||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APVGP612||6:12 pitch; sized for 6x or larger lumber||12||5||19 3/4||34 1/2||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
|APVGP812||8:12 pitch; sized for 6x or larger lumber||12||5||19 3/4||34 1/2||ZMAX® / Powder Coating, Black||1|
- Allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Connector table loads and fastener quantities are listed for two parts. For single part installations, use half the listed values.
- Uplift loads apply to the connection between the center vertical post and the beam.
- All fasteners are Outdoor Accents® SDWS22312DBB inserted through an STN22 hex-head washer. Quantities listed are for two parts.
- Fasteners sold separately.
Code Reports & Compliance