BPS Bearing Plate with Slotted Hole
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bearing Plates. You can also view product information related to the category: Concrete Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The BPS is designed to provide a greater bearing surface than standard-cut washers and help distribute the load at critical connections. This bearing plate features a slotted hole that allows for adjustability to account for bolts that are not in the middle of the sill plate. The BPS offers increased flexibility while meeting the latest code requirements for 2x4 and 2x6 walls.
- Eliminates the need for standard-cut washers when used with Titen HD® heavy-duty screw anchors
- Slotted hole allows for adjustability
- May be ordered with a hot-dip galvanized (HDG) finish for higher corrosion resistance
- 3 ga.
- None or HDG; see Corrosion Information
- See General Notes.
- For shearwall applications, position edge of plate washer within 1/2" of sheathed edge of sill plate.
- Standard cut-washer required with BPS slotted bearing plates. Washer not required when used with Titen HD heavy-duty screw anchors.
- Tighten BPS to each anchor bolt with nut and standard cut-washer.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Bolt Dia. (in.)||Ga.||Thickness (in.)||W (in.)||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|BPS 1/2-3HDG||1/2||3||0.229||3||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|BPS 1/2-6||1/2||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||None||1|
|BPS 1/2-6HDG||1/2||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|BPS 3/4-3HDG||3/4||3||0.229||3||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|BPS 3/4-6||3/4||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||None||1|
|BPS 3/4-6HDG||3/4||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|BPS 5/8-3HDG||5/8||3||0.229||3||3||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
|BPS 5/8-6||5/8||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||None||1|
|BPS 5/8-6HDG||5/8||3||0.229||3||4 1/2||Hot-Dip Galvanized||1|
Code Reports & Compliance