CCT Column Cap “T” Configuration
On This Page
The CCT is designed to provide strong column-to-beam connections when there are two beams in a “T” formation on top of a column. When properly installed, this column cap helps to distribute the load from a bisecting beam and provides support for the connection. The CCT is special-ordered per specific details from the designer to accommodate the many combinations of beam and post sizes.
- Certified welds for confidence in strength and loading
- Bolt spacing that meets NDS code requirements to ensure optimal performance
- Diamond holes to provide temporary fastening
- 7 gauge or 3 gauge depending on size
- Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint. Also available in HDG; see Corrosion Information.
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than bolt diameter (per 2015 and 2018 NDS 18.104.22.168)
- Many combinations of beam and post sizes can be manufactured. Refer to worksheet Options for Multiple-Beam, Bolted Column Caps (T-C-CCLTC-WS).
- The download shall be determined from the allowable loads for the unmodified product (see CC column caps). The side beam can take a maximum of 40% of the download and shall not exceed 10,665 lb. The sum of the loads for the side beam(s) and main beam cannot exceed the table load.
- Uplift loads from table (see CC column caps) apply for main beam only.
- The column width in the direction of the main beam width must be the same as the main beam width (W1).
- Specify the stirrup height from the top of the cap. The minimum side stirrup heights (H2 or H3) is 6 1/2" (3 1/2" for models ending in “44”).
- The L dimension may vary depending on the width of the side stirrup (W3 or W4).
- Column caps may be ordered without the column straps for field welding to a steel column. Specify “No Straps” when ordering. Weld by designer. Full loads apply for the beam and the post cap.
Code Reports & Compliance