Simpson Strong-Tie offers a wide variety of bolted holdowns offering low-deflection performance for a range of load requirements.
The HD3B is a light-duty holdown designed for use in shearwalls and braced-wall panels, as well as other lateral applications.
The HD5B, HD7B and HD9B bolted holdowns incorporate the proven design of our HDQ8 SDS-style holdown and feature a unique seat design which greatly minimizes deflection under load. HDB holdowns are self-jigging, ensuring that the code-required minimum of seven bolt diameters from the end of the post is met. They can be installed directly on the sill plate or raised above it and are suitable for back-to-back applications where eccentricity is a concern. HDBs are designed to provide loads for intermediate-load-range shearwalls, braced-wall panels and lateral applications.
HD holdowns offer the highest allowable loads, providing high capacity for both vertical and horizontal applications. The HD12 and HD19 are self-jigging, ensuring that the code-required minimum of seven bolt diameters from the end of the post is met. They can be installed back-to-back when eccentricity is an issue.
- See table
- HD3B/HD5B/HD7B/HD9B — galvanized; HD — Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint; HDG available. For stainless steel options, see engineering letter L-C-SSHD.
- Use all specified fasteners; see Holdown and Tension Tie General Notes
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter (per 2015 NDS, section 22.214.171.124)
- Stud bolts should be snugly tightened with standard-cut washers between the wood and nut (BPs are required in the City and County of Los Angeles)
- HD and HDB holdowns are self-jigging and will ensure minimum bolt end distance when installed flush with the sill plate
- Standard-cut washer is required under the anchor nut for HD12 with 1" anchor and HD19 with 1 1/8" anchors
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Anchoring Solutions for Simpson Strong-Tie® Connectors in Wind and Low-Seismic RegionsT-ANCHORSPEC12A cross-reference to help evaluate the anchorage solution options for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns, tension ties and post bases. Extensive details included for various foundation types.Technical Bulletin
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLM16A one-page, single-sided technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of the two different surface sides of SCL columns, including the listing of reduction factors.Technical Bulletin
Connectors Installed on SCL ColumnsT-C-SCLCLMCAN17A one-page Canadian Limit States version of the technical bulletin discussing the structural properties of two different surface sides of columns made from structural composite lumber (SCL).Technical Bulletin
Stainless-Steel HoldownsL-C-SSHD16Simpson Strong-Tie® Stainless-Steel HoldownsEngineering Letter
Show 6 MoreShow Less
- To achieve published loads, machine bolts shall be installed with the nut on the opposite side of the holdown. If reversed, the Designer shall reduce the allowable loads shown per NDS requirements when bolt threads are in the shear plane.
- Lag bolts will not develop the listed loads.
- HD19 with 1 1/4" anchor rod requires No. 1 or better post to achieve published loads.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|HD||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|HDB||See specific model numbers for code listings.|