The HDB is designed to provide loads for intermediate-load-range shearwalls, braced-wall panels and lateral applications in wood construction. This bolted holdown is installed with bolts into studs or columns and offers low-deflection performance for a range of load requirements. The HDB is suitable for back-to-back applications where eccentricity is a concern.
- Installed after the placement of concrete and framing is in place
- Can be installed directly on the sill plate or raised above it
- Self-jigging, ensuring the code-required minimum of seven bolt diameters from the end of the post when installed flush with the sill plate
- See General Notes for Holdowns and Tension Ties
- Bolt holes shall be a minimum of 1/32" to a maximum of 1/16" larger than the bolt diameter (per 2015/2018 NDS, section 126.96.36.199)
- Stud bolts should be snugly tightened with standard-cut washers between the wood and nut (BPs are required in the City and County of Los Angeles)