PAB Pre-Assembled Anchor Bolt
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bolts. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Strong-Rod® ATS Components, Strong-Rod® URS Components
The PAB anchor bolt is a versatile cast-in-place anchor bolt ideal for high-tension-load applications, such as rod systems and shearwalls. It features a plate washer, at the embedded end, sandwiched between two fixed hex nuts and a head stamp for easy identification after the pour.
- Available in diameters from 1/2" to 1 1/4" and lengths from 12" to 36" (in 6" increments)
- Available in standard and high-strength steel
- Head stamp contains the No Equal sign, diameter designation and an "H" on high-strength rods
- Standard Steel — ASTM F1554 Grade 36, A36 or A307; Fu = 58 ksi
- High-Strength Steel (up to 1" dia.) — ASTM A449; Fu = 120 ksi
- High-Strength Steel (1 1/8" and 1 1/4" dia.) – ASTM A193 B7 or F1554 Grade 105; Fu = 125 ksi
- None or HDG
- On HDG PABs, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563; for example, Simpson Strong-Tie® NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST. Couplers may be special ordered with both ends oversized. Couplers may be oversized on both ends. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- When calling out PAB anchor bolts, substitute the desired length for the "XX" in the Root Model Number
- For a 5/8" x 18" anchor bolt, the model number would be PAB5-18 (or PAB5H-18 for high strength)
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes
- Contact Simpson Strong-Tie
- Anchor Designer™ Software:
Simpson Strong-Tie Anchor Designer software analyzes and suggests anchor solutions using the ACI 318 strength-design methodology (or CAN/CSA A23.3 Annex D Limit States Design methodology). It provides cracked and uncracked-concrete anchorage solutions for numerous Simpson Strong-Tie mechanical and adhesive anchors as well as the PAB anchor bolt. With its easy-to-use graphical user interface, the software makes it easy for the Designer to identify anchorage solutions without having to perform time-consuming calculations by hand.
Wood Construction Connectors 2021-2023
A catalog including new product information as well as any applicable specification and installation instructions for wood-to-wood and wood-to-concrete structural connectors.
Conectores para la construcción con madera 2021–2023
El catálogo incluye información sobre nuevos productos, así como especificaciones e instrucciones de instalación aplicables para conectores estructurales de madera a madera y de madera a concreto.
Product Information Tables
PAB Anchor Bolt
- Lengths greater than 36" are available as a special order.
- Plate washers are designed to develop the capacity of the bolt.
PAB Anchor Bolt – Anchorage Solutions
- Anchorage designs conform to ACI 318-14 and assume cracked concrete with no supplementary reinforcement.
- Seismic indicates Seismic Design Category C-F and designs comply with ACI 318-19, Section 22.214.171.124. Per Section 1613 of the 2012/2015/2018/2021 IBC, detached one- and two-family dwellings in SDC C may use wind values.
- Wind includes Seismic Design Category A and B.
- Foundation dimensions are for anchorage only. Foundation design (size and reinforcement) by Designer. The registered design professional may specify alternative embedment, footing size, and anchor bolt.
- Where tension loads are governed by anchor steel, the design provisions from AISC 360 are used to determine the tensile steel limit. LRFD values are calculated by multiplying the nominal AISC steel capacity by a 0.75 phi factor, and allowable values are calculated by dividing the AISC nominal capacity by a 2.0 omega factor.
- Where tension loads are governed by ACI 318 concrete limit, the Allowable Stress Design (ASD) values are obtained by multiplying Load Resistance Factor Design (LRFD) capacities by 0.7 for Seismic and by 0.6 for Wind.
Code Reports & Compliance