SSTB® Anchor Bolt
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bolts. You can also view product information related to the category: Wood Strong-Wall® Bolts
The SSTB anchor bolt is designed for maximum performance as an anchor bolt for holdowns and Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Wall® shearwalls. Extensive testing has been done to determine the design load capacity of the SSTB when installed in many common applications.
The Simpson Strong-Tie® SSTB anchor bolts are code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012 and 2015 IBC® and IRC®.
- Identification on the bolt head showing embedment angle and model
- Offset angle reduces side bursting, and provides more concrete cover
- Rolled thread for higher tensile capacity
- Stamped embedment line aids installation
- Available in HDG for additional corrosion resistance
- ASTM F-1554, Grade 36
- None. May be ordered HDG; contact Simpson Strong-Tie.
- SSTB is suitable for monolithic and two-pour concrete applications.
- Nuts and washers for holdown attachment are not supplied with the SSTB; install standard nuts, couplers and/or washers as required.
- On HDG SSTB anchors, chase the threads to use standard nuts or couplers or use overtapped products in accordance with ASTM A563, for example Simpson Strong-Tie® NUT5/8-OST, NUT7/8-OST, CNW5/8-OST, CNW7/8-OST.
- Install SSTB before the concrete pour using AnchorMate® anchor bolt holders. Install the SSTB per the plan view detail.
- Minimum concrete compressive strength is 2,500 psi.
- When rebar is required it does not need to be tied to the SSTB.
- Order SSTBL models (example: SSTB16L) for longer thread length (16L = 5 1/2", 20L = 6 1/2", 24L = 6", 28L = 6 1/2"). SSTB and SSTBL load values are the same. SSTB34 and SSTB36 feature 4 1/2" and 6 1/2" of thread respectively and are not available in "L" versions.
- One horizontal #4 rebar in the second course.
- One vertical #4 rebar in adjacent cell for 5/8"-diameter SSTB.
- One vertical #4 rebar in an adjacent cell and additional vertical #4 rebar(s) at 24" o.c. max. for 7/8"-diameter SSTBs (2 total vertical rebars for end wall corner, 3 total vertical rebars for midwall).
For two-pour (4" slab) installation loads:
- When using the SSTB20, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB16.
- When using the SSTB24, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB20.
- When using the SSTB34 or 36, use the equivalent loads of the SSTB28.
Conectores Metálicos Estructurales 2013-2015C-2013SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para conectores Simpson Strong-Tie® de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
Strong-Wall Shearwalls Catalog 2014C-L-SW14The complete reference for product, application and technical information for our Strong-Wall wood and steel shearwalls, including engineered design solutions.Catalog
Installer's Pocket GuideS-C-INSTALL16S-C-INSTALL16 is a guide featuring updated products, new color illustrations and easier navigation. Some popular structural fastening and anchoring products have also been added.Installation Guide
Anchoring Solutions for Simpson Strong-Tie® Connectors in Wind and Low-Seismic RegionsT-ANCHORSPEC12A cross-reference to help evaluate the anchorage solution options for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns, tension ties and post bases. Extensive details included for various foundation types.Technical Bulletin
City of Los Angeles RR Values for Connectors in Shear Walls and Wall Anchorage AssembliesT-C-HDLA15T-C-HDLA15 is a technical bulletin that details holdown requirements imposed by the City of Los Angeles and provides adjusted load values for Simpson Strong-Tie holdowns that meet these requirements.Technical Bulletin
Holdown Anchors: Slab-on-GradeL-C-HDABSOG17Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Slab-On-Grade Foundations.Engineering Letter
Holdown Anchors: StemwallL-C-HDABSTEM15Anchor Bolt Recommendations for Holdowns Used with Stemwall FoundationsEngineering Letter
Supplemental Info to T-SWPDG10: SW to CMUL-L-SWPDGCMU17Alternate CMU Stemwall Anchorage for Narrow Wall Bracing Solutions in T-SWPDG10.Engineering Letter
Show 6 MoreShow Less
SSTB Bolts at Stemwall
- See notes to the Designer below.
- SSTB28, SSTB34 and SSTB36 with 3 7/8" end distance allowable loads are 6,605 lbs. (Wind and SDC A&B) and 5,550 lbs (SDC C-F).
STEMWALL PLAN VIEWS
SSTB Bolts at Stemwall: Garage Front
SSTB Bolts at Slab on Grade: Edge
SSTB Bolts at Slab on Grage: Garage Curb
Notes to the Designer:
- Rebar is required at top of stemwall foundations but is not required for Slab-on-Grade Edge and Garage Curb, or Stemwall Garage Front installations.
- Minimum end distances for SB bolts are as shown in graphics.
- To obtain LRFD values for cast-in-place anchor bolts, multiply ASD seismic load values by 1.4 and wind load values by 1.6 (1.67 for 2015 IBC).
- Per Section 1613 of the IBC, detached one- and two-story dwellings in SDC C may use "Wind and SDC A&B" allowable loads.
- See ESR-2611 for additional information.
- Midwall loads apply when anchor is 1.5 le or greater from the end. For bolts acting in tension simultaneously, the minimum bolt center-to-center spacing is 3 le.
SSTB Bolts in 8" GFCMU
- Loads are based on a minimum CMU compressive strength, f'm, of 1500 psi.
- Minimum end distance required to achieve midwall table loads is 1.5 le.
- Minimum end distance for corner/end wall loads is 4 1/4".
- Loads may not be increased for duration of load.
- Allowable loads are based on the average ultimate load with a safety factor of 5.0 per ACI 530.
Typical SSTB Installation in Grouted Concrete Block
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|SSTB||See specific model numbers for code listings.|
|SSTBL||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|