LTB Light Tension Bridging
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bridging. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Bridging and Bracing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction, Joist Framing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The LTB provides bracing between floor joists as a critical contribution to the structural strength of a floor. Installed in pairs, this light tension-type bridging keeps joists in place and prevents them from rotating while distributing loads over more than one joist. The LTB features a staggered nail pattern to accommodate 2x8 and 2x10 joists and is designed for maximum nailing flexibility, with the option to use as few as two nail holes on each end, and as many as six.
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Keeps floor system continuity and prevents joist rotation
- Installation flexibility, with six nail holes on each end and a staggered nail pattern
- 22 ga. (27 mil)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Support floor joists with a depth-to-thickness ratio of six or more with bridging at intervals not exceeding 8'. If span is greater than 8', install on 2x8 or larger joists. If span is greater than 16', use more than one pair.
- Tension bridging works only in tension, so must be used in cross pairs.
- Install bridging tightly; loose installation may allow floor movement.
- Requires two 0.113" x 2" nails per end.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||L (in.)||Joist Size||Installs With||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|LTB20||22||19 1/2||2x8, 2x10||(2) 0.113 in. x 2 in. nails per end||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|LTB40||22||39||2x8, 2x10||(2) 0.113 in. x 2 in. nails per end||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Product Information Tables
|Model No.||Joist Size||Spacing (in.)||Length (in.)||Ga.|
|LTB20||2 x 8, 2 x 10||16||19 1/2||22|
|LTB40||2 x 8, 2 x 10||16||39||22|
Code Reports & Compliance