TB Tension Bridging
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bridging. You can also view product information related to the category: Joist Framing Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
The TB provides bracing between floor joists as a critical contribution to the structural strength of a floor. Installed in pairs, this tension-type bridging keeps joists in place and prevents them from rotating while distributing loads over more than one joist. The TB model line is designed with flexibility to fit multiple joist sizes for each model depending on joist height and O.C. joist spacing.
- Galvanized for corrosion resistance
- Keeps floor system continuity and prevents joist rotation
- Installation flexibility, with seven nail holes on each end
- 20 gauge
- Support floor joists with a depth-to-thickness ratio of six or more with bridging at intervals not exceeding 8'. If span is greater than 8', install on 2x8 or larger joists. If span is greater than 16', use more than one pair.
- Tension bridging works only in tension, so must be used in cross pairs.
- Install bridging tightly; loose installation may allow floor movement.
- Requires two 0.148" x 1 1/2" fasteners per end.
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Notes for Wood Construction Connectors
- General Notes for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|TB20||20||20||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB27||20||27||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB30||20||30||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB36||20||36||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB42||20||42||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB48||20||48||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB54||20||54||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB56||20||56||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|TB60||20||60||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
Product Information Tables
Tension Bridging for I-Joists
Tension Bridging for Solid Sawn Lumber
Code Reports & Compliance