CS Coiled Strap
On This Page
Bridging and Bracing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bridging and Bracing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the categories of: Coiled Straps, Lateral Connectors, Ties and Straps for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
CS coiled utility straps are an ideal solution when it is desired to brace wall studs via the flanges with strap. These products are packaged in lightweight cartons (about 40 pounds) and can be cut to length on the job site.
- Available in shorter rolls for smaller projects
- Used for roof uplift and shear wall overturning resistance
- A cost-effective alternative to pre-cut straps
- See table
- Galvanized (G90); ZMAX®
- Use all specified fasteners. See General Notes.
- Refer to the applicable code for minimum edge and end distance.
- The table shows the maximum allowable loads and the screws required to obtain them. See footnote #1. Fewer screws may be used as given by footnote #3.
- CS straps are available in 25' lengths; order CS14-R, CS16-R or CS20-R
- For stainless steel, order CS16SS-R
- Wood Construction Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- Cold-Formed Steel Connectors Technical and Installation Notes
- General Corrosion Information
- Straps and Ties General Notes
- Coiled Strap Calculator
- In order to achieve the tabulated loads in the strap, attach each strap to the blocking with the tabulated number of screws.
- Strap length at blocking to achieve tabulated load = number of tabulated screws + 1".
- Calculate the strap value for a reduced number of screws to the blocking as follows:
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance