DBC Drywall Bridging Connector
Work smarter, not harder
Patented design allows for one- or two-screw installation of the DBC, significantly reducing labor and material cost. The first and only connector load rated for 3/4" u-channel, the DBC joins the SUBH line of bridging connectors tested as a system, ensuring that published design capacities capture the influence of stud web depth and thickness.
- Most applications require only a single screw
- Designed for 3/4" u-channel to fit smaller web knockouts common to drywall studs
- Compatible with drywall stud depths of 3 5/8" and 6" with 1 1/2" wide knockouts
- 33 mil (20 ga.) carbon steel
- Galvanized (G90)
- With 3/4" x 54 mil (16 ga.) u-channel installed through the stud web knockouts, insert the DBC2.5 through the knockout so that the DBC slots engage the stud web and the DBC flanges engage the u-channel as shown in the illustration
- Use the specified number of #8 screws to fasten the DBC to the u-channel
- DBC2.5-R200 (Bucket of 200)
- Tested in accordance with ICC-ES AC261
DBC Drywall Bridging ConnectorT-CF-DBC1SB16Submittal/substitution request for the DBC drywall bridging connector for cold-formed steel construction.Submittal
Submittal/Substitution Request CoverT-CF-CWCSUB16This editable cover sheet allows for the easy completion of submittal/substitution request forms for Simpson Strong-Tie cold-formed steel connectors.Submittal
DBC Bridging Connector Strength Allowable Loads
- Allowable loads are for use when utilizing Allowable Stress Design methodology. For LRFD loads, multiply the ASD tabulated values by 1.6.
- Min. fastener quantity and tabulated values – fill round hole (1 screw total); Max. fastener quantity and tabulated values – fill round and triangle holes (2 screws total).
- EQ — equivalent, DW — drywall, STR — structural.
Laterally loaded C-stud
- 600S125–18 (33 ksi) studs at 24" o.c., 10 ft. tall
Mid-point bracing (5' o.c.)
Distance from shear center to mid-plane of web, m = 0.408 in.
(SFIA Technical Guide Version 2012.101)
- Lateral load = 5 psf
ASD Design load tributary to brace:
W = (5 psf)(2 ft.)(5 ft.) = 50 lb.Required bracing force (AISI S100 Eq. D3.2.1-3):
PL1 = - PL2 = 1.5(m/d)W = (1.5)(0.408 in./6 in.)(50 lb.) = 5.1 lb.Torsional moment:
Mz = PL1d = - PL2d = (5.1 lb.)(6 in.) = 30.6 in.- lb.From Allowable Loads table above, for 6"-18 mil stud:
=> Select DBC2.5 with Min. fasteners ((1) #8)
Allowable torsional moment = 65 in.- lb. > 30.6 in.- lb. OK
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|DBC||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|DBC2.5||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|