The DBR eliminates stud bow in interior walls and allows for quicker drywall attachment by providing bracing along the length of the stud, and for head-of-wall slip conditions. This drywall spacer bracer reduces the installed cost of cold-formed steel stud walls by enabling faster stud layout with prepunched slots that minimize the need for bridging clips with on-module studs. The DBR is the only drywall spacer bracer on the market that comes with bracing load data based on assembly testing, thus mitigating risk for designers and maximizing confidence in design specifications.
- Patent-pending, precision-engineered, prepunched slots are strategically located to enable 12", 16" and 24" on-center stud spacing and can be used to space the studs without having to mark the top track for layout
- In off-layout or end-of-run conditions, the hat-section profiles enable clip attachments to the stud with Simpson Strong-Tie® LSSC or RCA connectors
- Accommodates 2 1/2", 3 5/8" and 6" studs in thicknesses of 15 mil (25 ga.) through 33 mil (20 ga.)
- Spacer bracers are fed through the stud knockout at a 90° angle until studs align with spacer-bracer slots. With the slots engaging the stud web, the spacer-bracer is then rotated back to the flat position so that the slotted flanges are on the bottom.
- For off-layout or end-of-run studs where a spacer-bracer slot does not engage a stud, manually snip the spacer-bracer flanges with a 1/2"-deep slot and secure the spacer bracer to the stud with Simpson Strong-Tie LSSC or RCA connectors. Use all specified fasteners.
- Wear gloves while handling and installing spacer bracers.
- DBR/30-R20 (box of 20)
- DBR/30-R680 (pallet of 680)