SFC Steel Framing Connector
Bridging and Bracing Connectors
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Bridging and Bracing Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Rigid Connectors for Cold-Formed Steel Construction
SFC connectors are low-cost, multi-use utility clips for light to moderate loading conditions in CFS stud-to-stud and stud-to-structure applications where long leg lengths are not required.
- Reduced number of screws reduces installation cost
- Prepunched holes reduce installation cost by eliminating predrilling
- Intuitive fastener hole positions ensure accurate clip installation in accordance with design, support a wide range of design and application requirements and provide installation flexibility
- In soft-side stud installations, SFC will not interfere with stud lips up to 3/4" long*
- Also suitable for u-channel bridging
* SFC2.25 clips will accommodate 5/8"-long stiffener clips
- 54 mil (50 ksi)
- Galvanized (G90)
- Use all specified fasteners/anchors
- US Patent 9,016,024
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Thickness (mil)||Ga.||L (in.)||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|SFC2.25-R300||54||16||2 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||300|
|SFC4.25-R175||54||16||4 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||175|
|SFC6.25-R100||54||16||6 1/4||Zinc Galvanized, G90||100|
Product Information Tables
SFC/SSC Connectors – U-Channel Bridging Allowable Loads
- See illustration for fastener placement.
- Allowable loads are for use when utilizing Allowable Stress Design methodology. For LRFD loads, multiply the tabulated ASD values by 1.6.
- Allowable brace strengths are based on ultimate test load divided by a safety factor. Serviceability limit is not considered, as brace stiffness requirements are given in Section C2.3 of AISI S100. Contact Simpson Strong-Tie if nominal brace strength is required.
- Tabulated stiffness values apply to both ASD and LRFD designs.
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance