CCPC Column Cap
On This Page
Column caps provide a high-capacity connection and uplift and lateral resistance for column-beam combination. The CCPC features a black powder-coat finish for a more decorative look.
- As noted in table
- Black powder coat
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Notched alternatives: OCC Column Caps
- Non-ornamental alternatives: CC
- Allowable loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Post sides are assumed to lie in the same vertical plane as the beam sides.
- Downloads are determined using F'c perpendicular equal to 625 psi on seat area; reduce where end bearing value of post, L/R of post, or other criteria are limiting.
- See ECC/ECCU for glulam beam sizes and conditions. Add PC to the model, i.e. CC31/4-4PC.
- Column caps for end conditions available to order, add an "E" to the start of the model number. See ECC/ECCU Load Table for load values.
Code Reports & Compliance