HLPC/HLGPC Heavy Angles and Gussets
Versatile angle gussets and heavy angles promote standardization and construction economy, and are compatible with Simpson Strong-Tie® structural hardware.
- Black powder coat, Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint and also available galvanized
- Gussets may be added to HL models when L ≥ 5". Specify G after numbers in model number, as in HL46GPC.
- All products with PC suffix are black powder coat
- 7-gauge products without the PC suffix are galvanized
- 3-gauge products without the PC suffix are Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint
Typical HL55PC Installation
- Allowable loads have been increased 60% for wind or earthquake loading. No further increase allowed; reduce where other loads govern.
- Use 0.85 times table load for Hem Fir.
- Parts should be centered on the face of the member to which they are attached.
- Wood members for the '3' and '5' series must have a minimum width and thickness of 3 1/2" for table loads to apply.
- Wood members for the '4' and '7' series must have a minimum width and thickness of 5 1/8" for table loads to apply.
- Parts must be used in pairs. Lag bolts of equal diameter (minimum 5" long) may be substituted for machine bolts into beam with no reduction in load.
Code Reports & Compliance