On This Page
Z clips secure 2x4 flat blocking between joists or trusses to support sheathing.
- See table
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Z clips do not provide lateral stability. Do not walk on stiffeners or apply load until diaphragm is installed and nailed to stiffeners.
Wood Construction Connectors 2021-2023
A catalog including new product information as well as any applicable specification and installation instructions for wood-to-wood and wood-to-concrete structural connectors.
- Z28 and Z38 do not have nail holes. Fastener quantity and type shall be per designer.
- Z4 loads apply with a nail in the top and a nail in the seat.
- For SPF/HF lumber, use 0.86 x DF/SP allowable loads.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance