CCQM/CCTQM/ECCLQM/CCCQM/ECCLQMD Column Caps for GFCMU and Concrete Piers
The CCQM/CCTQM/CCCQM/ECCLQM embedded column caps are designed for use in raised pier foundations and applications where heavy timbers rest on concrete or concrete block columns. The heavy-gauge beam seats and unique SSTB-style anchor bolts provide the high uplift and lateral resistance needed to help resist high-wind events. The ECCLQMD is a variation that incorporates an additional seat to support a third member at the corner connection. The CCCQM is a variation that incorporates a stirrup on each side for intermediate support beams perpendicular to the main channel.
Framing is fastened with Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (included) that install with no pre-drilling and feature a corrosion-resistant double-barrier coating.
CCQM — Intended for use along a floor support beam and non-corner locations.
CCTQM — Also for use along a floor support beam and non-corner locations with a side stirrup that accommodates intermediate support beams coming at 90°.
CCCQM — For use along a floor support beam with a stirrup on each side of the main channel that accommodates intermediate support beams coming at 90°.
ECCLQM-KT — Intended for use at the corners with MSTQM straps to make the connection from the ECCLQM to the wall framing above.
ECCLL/RQMD-KT — Ideal for applications where a member is needed off the corner of the structure, such as a deck joist/beam.
- Column caps — 7 gauge; strap (MSTQM) — 12 gauge
- Column caps — hot-dip galvanized or Simpson Strong-Tie® gray paint; strap (MSTQM) — galvanized (ZMAX®)
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes
- Reference Options for Column Caps for Concrete-Filled Pilasters, Grout-Filled CMU or Concrete Piers (T-C-CCQM-WS) special-order worksheet for ordering assistance
- For variable widths on side stirrups specify W3 or W4 (3 1/4" to 7 1/8") and add an "X" to the end of the core model name. Example: CCTQM5.50X-SDSG, W3 = 3 5/8".
Conectores para la construcción en madera 2017–2018C-C-2017SPInformación completa de productos, de la aplicación, de las tablas de cargas y de la instalación, para más de 3,000 conectores de madera a madera, madera a concreto y concreto a mampostería.Catalog
High Wind-Resistant Construction Application GuideF-C-HWRCAG16The newly updated High Wind-Resistant Construction Application Guide offers new applications, updated loads, as well as more fastening information that is used to resist high-wind.Product Guide
Options for Column Caps for Concrete-Filled Pilasters, Grout-Filled CMU or Concrete PiersT-C-CCQM-WS17A one-page worksheet for special ordering column caps for concrete-filled pilasters, grout-filled CMU or concrete piers.Worksheet
Flood-Resistant Construction Guide for Flood-Prone RegionsF-C-FLOODCON13This flier is designed to educate Specifiers, Building Officials, and Dealers about how to build code-compliant structures to resist the forces created by flooding and high wind.Flier
Show 2 MoreShow Less
Product Information Tables
- The MSTQM strap is a component of the ECCLQM kits. It is 12 ga. (0.101"); 3" wide and 48" long.
- The allowable loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading with no further increase allowed.
- Total uplift load and lateral load is based on tested anchor failure in the pier.
- Allowable loads are based on either a 16" square grout-filled CMU pier with f'm of 1,500 psi or a 16" square CMU shell filled with 3,000 psi concrete. A minimum of (4) #7 vertical rebars are required. The Designer shall design and detail the GFCMU/concrete pier to resist all forces including uplift, shear and moment.
- Pier height per Designer.
- Side beam and main beam uplift loads assume DF members and are not additive.
- The allowable loads listed for grout-filled CMU apply to solid concrete piers of 2,500 psi concrete a minimum of 16" square.
- The allowable loads listed for CMU shell-filled with 3000 psi concrete apply to solid concrete piers of 3,000 psi concrete a minimum of 12" square.
- The ECCLQM-KT is a kit packaged with (2) MSTQM straps and (32) Strong-Drive® 1/4" x 2 1/2" SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. One strap may be installed on each face of the ECCLQM (as shown), using the Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws into the beams and (26) 16d x 2 1/2" nails (not provided) into the wall framing. The MSTQM strap's allowable tension load is 6,240 lb. If straps are not installed, table uplift applies to beam only.
- Any side stirrup not fully supported by grout or concrete filled CMU has an allowable down load of 7,000 lbs.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|CCCQM||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|CCQM||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|CCTQM||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLLQMD3.62G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLLQMD4.62G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLLQMD5.50G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLQM||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLQMDG-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLQMG-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLRQMD3.62G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLRQMD4.62G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|ECCLRQMD5.50G-KT||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|