CCQM Column Cap for GFCMU and Concrete Piers
The CCQM embedded column cap is designed for use in raised pier foundations and applications where heavy beams rest on concrete or concrete block columns. The heavy-gauge beam seat and unique Simpson Strong-Tie® SSTB® anchor bolts provide the high uplift and lateral resistance needed to help resist high-wind events. The CCQM is intended for use along a floor support beam and non-corner locations.
- Screws are configured to provide high uplift design values
- Certified welds for confidence in strength and loading
- SSTB offset allows flush installation to edge of pier
- SSTBs spaced to fit standard CMU cells
- Hot-dip galvanized or Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; see Corrosion Information
- Install 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (provided) in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- Min. (4) #7 vertical rebar (total for pier).
- No additional welding is allowed.
- Available in widths up to 7 1/8"
- Configurations for many different beams or beam-to-beam combinations can be manufactured (refer to worksheet Options for Column Caps for Concrete-Filled Pilasters, Grout-Filled CMU or Concrete Piers, T-C-CCQM-WS).
||No. of 1/4" x 2 1/2" SDS Screws
||16" Square Grout-Filled CMU Pier3,5
||16" Square CMU Shell Filled with 3,000 psi Concrete3,6
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Total uplift load and lateral load is based on tested anchor failure in the pier.
- Allowable loads are based on either a 16" square grout-filled CMU pier with f'm of 1,500 psi or a 16" square CMU shell filled with 3,000 psi concrete. A minimum of (4) #7 vertical rebars are required. The designer shall design and detail the GFCMU/concrete pier to resist all forces including uplift, shear and moment.
- Pier height per designer.
- The allowable loads listed for grout-filled CMU apply to solid concrete piers of 2,500 psi concrete a minimum of 16" square.
- The allowable loads listed for CMU shell-filled with 3,000 psi concrete apply to solid concrete piers of 3,000 psi concrete a minimum of 14" square.
- Fasteners: SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance