ECCLQMD End Column Cap, L-Shaped for GFCMU and Concrete Piers
The ECCLQMD embedded column cap is designed for use in raised pier foundations and applications where heavy beams rest on concrete or concrete block columns. The heavy-gauge beam seat and unique Simpson Strong-Tie® SSTB® anchor bolts provide the high uplift and lateral resistance needed to help resist high-wind events. The ECCLQMD-KT is a variation that incorporates an additional seat to support a third member at the corner connection, ideal for attaching perimeter deck joist/beam.
- MSTQM straps to make the connection from the ECCLQMD to the wall framing
- Screws are configured to provide high uplift design values
- Certified welds for confidence in strength and loading
- SSTB offset allows flush installation to edge of pier
- SSTBs spaced to fit standard CMU cells
- Column caps — hot-dip galvanized or Simpson Strong-Tie gray paint; strap (MSTQM) — galvanized (ZMAX®)
- Install 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws (provided), in all round holes. (Lag screws will not achieve the same load.)
- Min. (4) #7 vertical rebar (total for pier).
- No additional welding is allowed.
- Available in widths up to nominal 7-1/8" width.
- For variable widths on side stirrups, specify W3 (3 1/4" to 7 1/8") and add an "X" to the end of the core model name. Example: ECCLQMD5.50GX-KT, W3 = 3 5/8".
- ECCLQMD is available in left or right side beam orientations. Specify ECCLLQMD or ECCLRQMD.
- Configurations for many different beams or beam-to-beam combinations can be manufactured (refer to worksheet Options for Column Caps for Concrete-Filled Pilasters, Grout-Filled CMU or Concrete Piers, T-C-CCQM-WS).
Product Information Table
- The MSTQM strap is a component of the ECCLQMD kits. It is 12 ga. (0.101"), 3" wide and 48" long.
||No. of 1/4" x 2 1/2" SDS Screws
||16" Square Grout-Filled CMU Pier3,6
||16" Square CMU Shell Filled with 3,000 psi Concrete3,7
||Deck Joist Connection
- Loads have been increased for wind or earthquake loading, with no further increase allowed. Reduce where other loads govern.
- Total uplift load and lateral load is based on tested anchor failure in the pier.
- Allowable loads are based on either a 16" square grout-filled CMU pier with f'm of 1,500 psi or a 16" square CMU shell filled with 3,000 psi concrete. A minimum of (4) #7 vertical rebars are required. The designer shall design and detail the GFCMU/concrete pier to resist all forces including uplift, shear and moment.
- Pier height per designer.
- Side beam and main beam uplift loads assume DF/SP members and are not additive.
- The allowable loads listed for grout-filled CMU apply to solid concrete piers of 2,500 psi concrete a minimum of 16" square.
- The allowable loads listed for CMU shell-filled with 3,000 psi concrete apply to solid concrete piers of 3,000 psi concrete a minimum of 14" square.
- The ECCLQMDG-KT is a kit packaged with two MSTQM straps and (32) 1/4" x 2 1/2" Strong-Drive SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. The allowable download for the deck joist connection requires 2–2x deck joist. For single 2x joist, allowable download is 5,240 lb.
- Any side stirrup not fully supported by grout- or concrete-filled CMU has an allowable download of 7,000 lb.
- Fasteners: SDS screws are Simpson Strong-Tie® Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Code Reports & Compliance