On This Page
The Simpson Strong-Tie® Fascia-Fastening Solution™ consists of the counterbore bit and fascia screw, and is specially designed to securely fasten composite and PVC fascia while providing superior corrosion resistance. The counterbore bit is specially designed to bore a hole that, when the fascia screw is installed, allows the material to expand and contract as the enviroment changes. The result is a clean, professional installation that prevents occurances of head pullover, broken screws, warping, buckling and oil-canning.
- Use of the fascia counterbore bit is crucial to proper installation of the fascia board
- The fascia counterbore bit bores a hole through the fascia material that is wider than the shank of the fascia screw
- The bit countersinks so the head of the screw is flush with the material surface
- Bores space larger than screw shaft to allow for board expansion and contraction
- 1/4" arbor fits standard drill bits
- PVC and composite fascia board installations
Easy and efficient. Use the fascia counterbore bit to predrill the oversized, counterbore holes into your fascia material. Refer to the spacing diagram in the Gallery, Installation tab.
- Starting at the upper left corner, position the first hole 2" from the upper and left edges (top left corner). Then continue predrilling holes every 24" on center, with the final hole positioned 2" from the right edge. Repeat this process, starting 2" from the bottom and left edges (bottom left corner), but place the second hole 12" from the first and then stagger predrill holes every 24" after that, with the final hole 2" from the bottom and right edges.
- Using a drill-driver motor with torsion setting adjusted to drive the screw flush with the board surface, install fascia screws into each hole. Do not overdrive or over tighten.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Description||Packaging Qty.|
|FSBIT||1/4" Arbor x 0.25" Bore x 0.41" Counterbore||1|
Code Reports & Compliance