MASA Mudsill Anchor
On This Page
This product's information may differ depending on the category of use. You are currently viewing details related to Concrete Connectors. You can also view product information related to the category: Mudsill Anchors
The MASA is a mudsill anchor that provides a time-saving alternative to anchor bolts. This mudsill anchor eliminates the need for 3″ square plate washers for seismic design and, in some cases, has allowable loads that meet or exceed the parallel- and perpendicular-to-plate shear loads of other cast-in-place anchors. The MASA is ideal for installation on standard forms and is code listed by ICC-ES under the 2012, 2015, 2018 and 2021 IBC® and IRC®.
- Attaches easily to the concrete form for quick installation
- Lays flat on the form board so there is no anchor bolt to finish around
- None of the labor costs involved in drilling plates and aligning holes
- Flat design eliminates chances of modification in prefabricated walls
- Eliminates the need to notch studs because of intersection with anchor bolt placement
- Reduces the chance of having to retrofit anchors because of missing or misplaced anchor bolts
- 16 gauge
- Galvanized or ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use all specified fasteners; see General Notes.
- Concrete shall have a minimum f'c = 2,500 psi.
- Spalling — full loads apply for spalls up to a maximum height of 1 1/4" and a maximum depth of 7/8". Any exposed portion of the mudsill anchor must be protected against possible corrosion.
- Testing shows that these mudsill anchors can be used in lieu of code-required anchor bolts and square washers in high seismic zones.
- Minimum end distance is 4" and minimum center-to-center spacing is 8" for full load.
- For a continuous load path, MASA should be installed on the same side of the wall as uplift connectors.
- For installation in severe corrosion environments, refer to General Corrosion Risks for additional considerations.
- US Patent 8,484,917
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
|MASA||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|MASA-B||16||Zinc Galvanized, G90||2500|
Allowable Loads for MASA Cast-in-Place Mudsill Anchor on CFS Track
- Allowable loads are governed by tests and may not be increased (CD = 1.0).
- The tabulated allowable (ASD) loads may be multiplied by 1.6 for designs for wind and in SDC A&B, and by 1.4 for designs in SDC C through F to obtain the LRFD loads.
- Minimum concrete compression strength, f'c is 2,500 psi.
- Allowable loads are based on a minimum stemwall width of 6".
- For simultaneous loads in more than one direction, the connector must be evaluated using the Unity Equation.
- Per Section 1613 of the 2012, 2015 and 2018 IBC, detached one- and two-family dwellings in SDC C may use the "Wind and SDC A&B" allowable loads.
- Parallel-to-Track loads for One-Leg-Up Installation: SDC A–C = 985 lb., SDC C–F = 860 lb
- See Fastening Systems for more information on Simpson Strong-Tie fasteners.
Code Reports & Compliance