LSC Adjustable Stringer Connector
The LSC adjustable stair-stringer connector offers a versatile, concealed connection between the stair stringer and the carrying header or rim joist while replacing costly framing. Field slopeable to all common stair stringer pitches, the LSC connector is suitable for either solid or notched stringers.
- Replaces additional framing and toe-nailing.
- Suitable for most installations on 2x10 or 2x12 header/rim board.
- May be installed flush with the top of the carrying member or lower on the face.
- Interchangeable for left or right applications.
- LSCZ features a ZMAX® coating for additional corrosion protection. Suitable for interior and some exterior applications. LSCSS is made from stainless steel for higher exposure environment. See Corrosion Information.
- 18 gauge
- LSCZ — ZMAX® coating; LSCSS — stainless steel
- Use all specified fasteners; see table.
- Before fastening, position the stair stringer with the LSC on the carrying member to verify where the bend should be located.
- Tabs on the LSC must be positioned to the inside of the stairs.
- The fastener that is installed into the bottom edge of the stringer must go into the second-to-last hole.
- When installed on 1 5/16" LVL or a 1 1/4" LSL stringer, additional items that will not affect the structural performance of the LSC, but should be considered, include the following:
— LSC stringer flange will protrude 1/4" from face of stringer. As such, it is recommended the LSC be installed with the tabs positioned to the outside of the stringer.
— 1 1/2" fasteners installed into 1 1/4" LSL stringer will protrude from the opposite side.
Deck Connection and Fastening GuideF-DECKCODE17A guide to recognizing deck deficiencies and building safer, stronger, longer-lasting outdoor deck structures.Product Guide
Do Your Decks Meet Code?/Patio Cover SystemDIY-DECKPATIO16A two-sided tearpad showing connections on one side, while the other side shows the connectors and fasteners needed for a patio cover system. Newer product recommendations are included.Flier
Critical Deck Connections - CanadaS-DECKCONCTP12A color tearpad targeting DIY’ers as an educational reference guide for safe deck construction. The piece outlines the vital components of a deck constructed with a continuous load path in mind.Flier
Critical Deck Connections (French) / Assemblages essentiels d'une terrasse (en français)S-DECKCONCTP12FFlier
Show 2 MoreShow Less
These models are approved for installation with the Strong-Drive® SD Connector screw. See the load values below.
- Stair stringer must be minimum 1 5/16" LVL or minimum 1 1/4" LSL. Allowable loads for DF/SP species material shall apply.
- When cross-grain tension forces cannot be avoided in the members, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered.
- Simpson Strong-Tie #9 x 1 1/2" Strong-Drive SD Connector screws may be substituted for 10d x 1 1/2" nails to achieve published nail values if the extra screw is installed in the narrow face of stringer.
- NAILS: 10d x 1 1/2" = 0.148" dia. x 1 1/2" long. Nails shall be hot-dip galvanized for LSCZ and stainless steel for LSCSS.
See other nail sizes and information.
- SCREWS (LSCZ only): SD #9 x 1 1/2" (model SD9112) = 0.131" dia. x 1 1/2" long.
See SD screws.
|Part||IAPMO UES ER||ICC-ES ESR||City of Los Angeles||State of Florida|
|LSC||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|
|LSCSS||No code listing. Please contact us for test data.|