DJT Deck Joist Tie
The DJT14Z deck joist tie is designed to attach 2x deck joists to the side of 4x or larger support posts. The DJT14Z can be installed with either nails or bolts.
- 14 gauge
- ZMAX® coating; see Corrosion Information
- Use specified HDG fasteners; see General Notes
- Recommended: install on post first
- Minimum 2x4 joist and 4x4 post
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||Coating/Material||Packaging Qty.|
Load Values with Nails
These products are available with additional corrosion protection.
For stainless-steel fasteners, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Many of these products are approved for installation with Strong-Drive® SD Connector screws.
- Loads are for one DJT14Z.
- Roof loads are 125% of floor loads unless limited by other criteria. Floor loads may be adjusted for load durations according to the code provided they do not exceed those in the roof column.
- Install bolts or nails as specified by designer. Bolt and nail values may not be combined.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions in the table are listed diameter by length. For additional information, see Fastener Types and Sizes Specified for Simpson Strong-Tie Connectors.
Load Values with Strong-Drive SD Connector Screws
|Model No.||Fasteners||Allowable Loads|
|Floor (100)||Roof (125)|
Code Reports & Compliance