SCLC™ Stair Cassette Ledger Connector
The latest in our growing line of offsite construction solutions, the SCLC is ideal for connecting preassembled stair cassettes to ledgers. The SCLC installs on the header in the factory with power-driven or hand-installed common nails. At the jobsite, the cassette is simply lowered onto the SCLC and fastened with Strong-Drive® SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws. It is an efficient process that helps reduce onsite labor costs and keeps projects on schedule. Also, because the assembly is secure once seated on the connector, field installation is safer than traditional methods. The SCLC offers ample fit-up tolerance, and custom fastener tabs provide greater strength and stiffness per screw. This code-listed connector is available galvanized for corrosion resistance, and is manufactured and stocked in the US for easy sourcing and delivery. Like all our solutions, the SCLC comes fully backed by our expert sales and technical support.
- Factory installation of connector on ledger reduces onsite labor
- Stair cassette seats securely on connector for safer onsite installation
- Excellent onsite fit-up tolerance
- Uses power-driven or hand-installed common nails and SDS Heavy-Duty Connector screws
- Can be installed in conjunction with the LSCZ stair-stringer connector
- G90 Galvanized
- In the factory, attach the SCLC to the header of the floor cassette. A minimum of (2) SCLC connectors shall be used to support a stair cassette. Use all specified fasteners.
- In the field, crane the stair cassette into place so that the stair cassette ledger engages all supporting SCLC connectors.
- Complete the installation with all specified field-installed SDS fasteners as shown in the installation images.
Product Information Table
|Model No.||Ga.||B (in.)||Coating||Packaging Qty.|
|SCLC1.75||14||1 7/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|SCLC2||14||1 5/8||Zinc Galvanized, G90||1|
|Model No.||Supported Ledger Thickness (in)||Dimensions (in)||Fastener Schedule||Allowable Download (lbf) (100/115/125)|
|SCLC2||1 1/2||1 5/8||(6) 0.148 x 2 1/2||(2) SDS 1/4 x 4 1/2||1,335||1,155|
|SCLC1.75||1 3/4||1 7/8||(6) 0.148 x 2 1/2||(2) SDS 1/4 x 4 1/2||1,335||1,155|
- When cross-grain bending or cross-grain tension cannot be avoided in the member, mechanical reinforcement to resist such forces shall be considered by the designer.
- Fasteners: Nail dimensions are listed diameter by length. SDS25412 screws are Strong-Drive® SDS HEAVY-DUTY CONNECTOR screws.
Code Reports & Compliance